Talk

Advanced search

cat messing over my house

(11 Posts)
ghostspirit Sat 18-Jun-16 20:37:57

i got 2 cats a week ago from gumtree. they are 7 and 9 months old. the 9 month old one is ok. but the 7 month is pooing all over my house. im keeping the litter tray clean and when i see the cat sniffing about etc i put him in the tray. but i dont always catch him or know hes done it. my house is going to end up stinking of cat wee/poo. any advice. thanks

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sat 18-Jun-16 21:03:34

ghost - please don't take this the wrong way but given the fact you have 6 DCs, one of which is a newborn and the other is just 1, a totally unhelpful non-resident partner, I would seriously consider re-homing the cats. You just literally do not have time for this, IMHO and it could be the thing that tips you over the edge

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 18-Jun-16 21:21:36

Do you think the younger one has been litter tray trained at all?.

You might need to go back to litter tray training from the start, confine to one room eg kitchen (hard floor easier to clean) and provide two trays in case they prefer one for poo and one for wee.

Try an ultra clumping litter, small granules are softer on young paws. They hate anything spiky to walk on.

ghostspirit Sat 18-Jun-16 21:46:01

gobblin i get what your saying but one cat is fine. they go out so wont be indoor cats. they just play a bit and chill out rest of the time. but i cant have a cat pooing all over the house.

yeah good idea to do 2 litter trays. i do clean them out every time they do a poo but if im out im not going to know so maybe 2 will help. and no i dont recon it was trained probably why she was getting rid... but saying that her house did not smell like cats i would have thought it would if they had been messing. even pooed in my new wash basket still had the wrapping on!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 18-Jun-16 21:55:01

Sometimes the change unsettles them and they protest by pooing.

They're very sensitive creatures.

But equally it might be that no one bothered with them and one thought "that tray thing is brilliant for digging and pooing in" and the other dumped and ran.

I hope she didn't smack them for it.

ghostspirit Sat 18-Jun-16 22:28:00

the cat is now using the litter tray so he knows hes meant to :/

seasidesally Sat 18-Jun-16 23:03:11

blimey you must be so laid back your vertical

6 kids one a newborn and one just 1yr old

2 new pets (cant remember if you have anymore)

you do like to make home life busy grin

ghostspirit Sat 18-Jun-16 23:28:11

sally and the dog. and the ants. dont feel busy rather boring.

PovertyPain Sat 18-Jun-16 23:36:43

He may not like the litter you're using. If it is very gritty, try a finer litter that is less dusty. Make sure the tray is somewhere private so the cat feels secure. Contrary to popular belief cats are very fussy about where they poo.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 19-Jun-16 07:16:43

Mr Muscle pet Odour destroyer after washing with bio powder is really effective ime. You can buy it on Amazon.

HermioneJeanGranger Sun 19-Jun-16 09:44:28

1 litter tray per cat plus 1 extra is the ideal - that might help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now