Advanced search

my beautiful little tiggy

(45 Posts)
drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 20:14:30

I took her to the vet Monday as she isn't herself, not eating well and lethargic. Vet said nothing medical she can see, but bring her back Friday if she hadn't improved. Back from work today and she had a giant bloated belly. Straight to vets for an emergency appointment. They think it's FIP. They've taken blood and a sample of the fluid in her abdomen. They gave her a strong worming tablet.however the vet isn't hopeful. I'm devestated, we've only had her around 5 weeks.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 17-Jun-16 20:15:20

Oh no, let's hope it's worms. Your poor kitten.

drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 20:15:26

Excuse the poor photo, my table is terrible. That's her today

drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 20:16:01

This is her last week

cozietoesie Fri 17-Jun-16 20:24:54

Oh Heck. When will the results be back?

timtam23 Fri 17-Jun-16 21:51:08

Oh no - how is she at the moment?

drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 22:09:33

She's fine at the moment. Letheringsett, but eating and drinking as normal. Peeing OK, but poop is small and hard. Vet scanned bowel and said no obstructions.
Blood tests back possibly tomorrow but more likely Monday. Fluid (from abdomen) results back Wednesday. She isn't in pain atm, so vet said she didn't have to be pts straight away, but I don't want to prolong her discomfort. I'm not sure what to do.

drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 22:10:07

Letheringsett was meant to be lethargic!

RubbishMantra Fri 17-Jun-16 22:24:39

She's a beautiful girl, a Bengal?
Fingers crossed that your wee kitty's tests come back FIP neg. You must be off your head with worry. flowers

cozietoesie Fri 17-Jun-16 22:26:25

If she's definitely not in pain, I guess you have to wait for the test results.

Have you contacted her breeder at all?

aristocat Fri 17-Jun-16 22:26:54

She is gorgeous. Fingers crossed for good news xxx

cozietoesie Fri 17-Jun-16 22:27:30

Remind me - do you have any other cats?

drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 22:34:53

She's a cornish Rex.
She was completely mishandled and palpated, definitely not in pain thank goodness.
Haven't contacted the lady I bought her from, there doesn't seem much point. It's not her fault, and it's common virus. It's just dreadful luck that tiggy has had such a strong reaction. I will let her know when it's 100% confirmed.
She's snuggled on my chest right now purring away.

drinkyourmilk Fri 17-Jun-16 22:37:04

No other cats. She's our first.
We have a deposit on another kitten though as we didn't want her to be lonely sad

timtam23 Fri 17-Jun-16 22:42:38

Ah I would think if she seems comfortable you would be OK to nurse her along until you get the test results
She's gorgeous by the way!

Vinorosso74 Fri 17-Jun-16 22:54:14

She looks very sweet. Wait on the results and keep her happy and make sure she eats.
Is horrible seeing your cat poorly. Hoping for a good outcome.

cozietoesie Fri 17-Jun-16 23:14:16

Is the other kitten from the same breeder?

RubbishMantra Fri 17-Jun-16 23:18:44

Oh wow, a Rex with Bengal markings! Her Marcel waves will begin to show soon. When my (Devon) Rex came to me he went through an almost completely bald stage. And his tail, that resembled a rat's, now looks like he nicked it off a Persian.

Sending more positive thoughts, from little Monsieur and I. They will be very likely to be related somehow in their ancestry (I think).

MyCatWasRightAboutYou Fri 17-Jun-16 23:27:52

Oh, poor thing. sad Here's hoping that it's good news. flowers
Her markings are beautiful!

drinkyourmilk Sat 18-Jun-16 11:03:10

cosie no., not from same lady. The lady I got tiggy from said she wasn't a breeder. However if you don't want kittens you don't have unneutered male and female cats IMHO.
The other kitten is only a couple of weeks old, so she's not available for at least 10 weeks. She is from a breeder, who said that it's not consistent when they are ready to leave- depends on mum and kitten. She wants to see the house too before we can have her.

drinkyourmilk Sat 18-Jun-16 11:04:57

She's eaten like a piggy this morning. and started jumping on and off furniture again, she was kind of heaving herself all week. Tummy just as swollen though. I don't hold much hope.

cozietoesie Sat 18-Jun-16 11:55:39

She sounds OKish but I doubt that the vet would say what they did unless they were fairly sure - you'll know already that it's not a positive diagnosis. See what the test results are. It sounds as if you have the time.

drinkyourmilk Sat 18-Jun-16 14:30:47

I agree cosie. Just a waiting game. Do you think I should tell the lady I bought her from?

cozietoesie Sat 18-Jun-16 15:11:55

I would probably drop her a quick email - definitely would if the tests have results which aren't so good. She might have sent off other kits from that house who are also not well. ( That's a 'might'.)

drinkyourmilk Wed 22-Jun-16 20:06:50

So we had tiggy pts this afternoon. It's was very quick and painless. Blood tests confirmed that other causes were out, and she stopped getting up to anyone but me. Started mewing randomly, so I think some pain started. Still waiting for fluid results, but it was time for her to leave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now