Talk

Advanced search

You know a cat is spoiled when...

(27 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Wed 15-Jun-16 10:50:10

They have their own bedroom grin

To give toots a chance to get away from Dylan (the dog) we have given her, her own bedroom upstairs.

It was my daughters playroom but she wasn't interested in playing in there.

Now im looking to get a cat tree and everything in there to turn it into a luxury pad

Mycatsabastard Wed 15-Jun-16 10:55:07

Boy cat has a two seater sofa in the conservatory. He sometimes allows girl cat 2 to share it as long as she is not touching him grin

The whole of the conservatory is filled with cat trees, cardboard boxes with holes cut out and blankets. They have a feeding station in there and their litter trays.

When we moved in we thought how lovely to be able to have dinner in there. We've eaten in there about four times since October last year.

Floralnomad Wed 15-Jun-16 10:59:21

Cats don't need their own room , they own the house they merely put up with a few human servants living in ! My mum has an indoor Ragdoll but anybody who didn't know would think she had 4/5 cats as there are multiple beds in most rooms and cat trees / toys all over the place - he even has a cushion in the main bathroom under the radiator .

NeedACleverNN Wed 15-Jun-16 11:10:01

She also sleeps on my bed too

Toddlerteaplease Wed 15-Jun-16 12:50:56

You spend £20 on a fish shaped feeding station and their baskets are on the best leather recliner Coz they won't use them if they are on the floor!

Mycatsabastard Wed 15-Jun-16 14:46:19

We have the fish shaped feeding station. Clearly they use mind control to make us buy this shit essential item.

We have cat hammocks on the radiators, two cat trees, several cat beds, blankets and endless toys. Currently one cat is on our bed, one is on HIS SOFA and one is on a window ledge.

None of the cat items are in use by the cats.

cozietoesie Wed 15-Jun-16 14:53:34

....when you're worrying about having switched the electric blanket off for 3 days because of higher temperatures.....blush

Toddlerteaplease Wed 15-Jun-16 17:59:09

My at. I must admit I do love the fish thing. It's much neater and less messy than the cheaper bowls I had. And I'm happy to have it on display in the hall. So it was worth it. Till I found one cheaper in TK maxx envy

popmimiboo Wed 15-Jun-16 19:03:42

My spoilt cat has a basement holiday appartment shock
It's actually for when we go away for weekends -the basement has a backdoor with cat flap so she can come and go as she pleases. She has dedicated feeding areas, sleeping quarters and can access the cellar for mouse hunting if she gets bored of the garden!

NeedACleverNN Wed 15-Jun-16 19:20:28

Is the fish thing a fish shaped holder with two holes in to pop one dish of water and one dish of food? We did have one of those. £4.99 from b and m. Then they stopped doing them sad

cozietoesie Wed 15-Jun-16 19:24:59

You mean your cats didn't have crystal bowls on silver salvers?

Tsk.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:38:12

When your Dh asks if you're going to remove the skin and bone from the cats tinned salmon.

I don't on principle.

Mycatsabastard Wed 15-Jun-16 19:38:20

need

Yes. We use it to hold two water bowls. Then they have two biscuit dispensers nearby and another biscuit bowl in the kitchen. Then they have wet food bowls in the living room. (there is logic in the placement).

cozietoesie Wed 15-Jun-16 19:42:23

I have to say, Mycats, that you may be depriving your cats of a basic feline right - the ability to yell at humans for food! grin

Mycatsabastard Wed 15-Jun-16 19:59:54

No we don't. Boy cat peruses all the food bowls (sort of like a wedding guest at a buffet) and then sits and looks one pointedly and then at us as if to say 'this doesn't meet my high standards, please give me different food'.

Then he bites me if I ignore him.

NarcyCow Wed 15-Jun-16 20:02:57

You can't spoil a cat. They are entitled to everything. EVERYTHING.

YABU.

cozietoesie Wed 15-Jun-16 20:03:36

He has your measure then? wink

Mycatsabastard Wed 15-Jun-16 20:09:27

He does. He's 14 and most definitely King Cat. Still charges about like a kitten most days but sleeps a bit more now. And when I'm cutting up fresh chicken he's my bestest friend in the whole world grin

Toddlerteaplease Wed 15-Jun-16 20:17:25

Need yes it is one of the plastic ones with two steel bowls in. My two share prices t and have a glass of water by the bedroom radiator that must be kept topped up. (I put it there to add moisture to the room and they nicked it)

eleventybillion Wed 15-Jun-16 20:18:47

Hand feeding.

That is all.

Actually no - that is not all! Why in the name of all that is holy does the very expensive lovely cat food not taste right unless I'm there to hold the bowl and provide suitable encouragement (strokes and a one woman cat cheerleading routine)?

Unless I'm out of course. Then it's fine grin

NeedACleverNN Wed 15-Jun-16 20:23:20

www.amazon.co.uk/Yosoo-Double-Stainless-Steel-Feeder/dp/B01C9TWT62/ref=sr_1_65?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1466018555&sr=1-65&keywords=cat+bowl

This is what Toots has.

cozietoesie Wed 15-Jun-16 20:30:13

Seniorboy just has plain white 'oatmeal' bowls - along with some old handled soup bowls for his water. (He does have rather a lot of them though. He likes his food to be fresh as fresh. wink)

Susiesue61 Wed 15-Jun-16 20:34:51

Our beautiful but stupid cat has the run of the house. He likes Ds1's bed when he's revising because it's quiet. He likes Ds2's top bunk or Dd's bed which is a cabin bed , if they're not in them. He has been known to lie I the middle of Ds2's bed and Ds lies next to him all squished up so he doesn't disturb the cat!!
He spent all evening glaring at me yesterday because I removed him from my favourite seat hmm

cozietoesie Wed 15-Jun-16 20:38:41

You removed him ?? shock

Susiesue61 Wed 15-Jun-16 21:02:52

I know blush
He had to sit on the big comfy chair with a furry cushion instead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now