A whole packet of Dreamies!

(33 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jun-16 17:24:19

Second thread of the dayhmm

Came in and cat has helped himself to Dreamies, nearly a full packet and only a few left! He had climbed up and hooked them off the shelf and ripped open the packet!shock

Will they do any harm or is it just like us gorging on biscuits?

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 13-Jun-16 17:26:49

I think that's just the same as us gorging on biscuits. He might feel a bit sick, he might be sick but he also might be completely unfazed by the whole event.

Arfarfanarf Mon 13-Jun-16 17:27:11

crikey. I think if they eat too many it can upset their tum. So you might have some squits to deal with.

I think I've got the only cat on the planet who hates dreamies. She goes mad for those webbox lick-e-lix though.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jun-16 17:29:41

Ffs, I'm not sure I'm cut out to be mum to a Bengal, they're so demanding grin

He turned up on our doorstep at Christmas demanding to come and live with us ,I didn't know what I was letting myself in for. Good job he's so lovelywink

cozietoesie Mon 13-Jun-16 17:44:01

I recall when Oneago thieved a whole net of Babybel cheeses and took them up to the bedroom to eat. You know - the kind with the red wax covering?

We had a pale fawn carpet in the bedroom. grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jun-16 18:00:16

Omg!!! shock

RedCrimson Mon 13-Jun-16 18:41:39

Big cat stole a container of Whiskas treats the other day. They'd already been opened and put up inside the wine rack in the top kitchen cupboard. I got home to find he'd somehow got them, took them to the bathroom, and in his frustration of not being able to get the lid off, he'd chewed through the plastic. He'd eaten them, probably with some help from the kitten, and left the chewed up container as proof of his gluttony. Big cat and kitten were both fine though. Greedy buggers.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 13-Jun-16 21:09:25

Ffs, I'm not sure I'm cut out to be mum to a Bengal, they're so demanding

Don't worry, me neither. Ours can open auto feeders. He gripped the tray with his fang teeth (canines? Incisors?) and lifted the cover up with his claws then pulled the tray out.

After that I started giving him two breakfasts in one go.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Jun-16 21:11:38

I'm only surprised he hasn't eaten DH for supper! grin

RubbishMantra Mon 13-Jun-16 21:19:23

I came home the other day to find MCat looking a bit ashamed of himself. a chewed up, ripped open, empty Dreamie packet under his paws. It's the cheese ones that really float his boat.

No ill effects.

Toddlerteaplease Mon 13-Jun-16 22:24:21

I'd love my two to do stuff like this. But they are rubbish at being cats and just lollop around. Roast chicken has nothing to fear in my house!sad

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jun-16 22:31:10

I'd love a lolloping cat!!!grin

cozietoesie Mon 13-Jun-16 22:33:29

Just sometimes.......

(As I mentioned somewhere, I never found that roast chicken drumstick. And Seniorboy with only one back tooth in his head and all! grin)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jun-16 23:03:52

grin

Glovebug Mon 13-Jun-16 23:07:44

Isn't there an advert about cats ripping open dreamies packets? Or is that another brand? Won't do him any harm. Might make him sick (or very fat if it happens often)

Glovebug Mon 13-Jun-16 23:10:16

Actually the advert is temptations

DramaAlpaca Mon 13-Jun-16 23:14:45

Ginger boy got a packet of Dreamies for Christmas last year, the first time he'd had them.

We gave him one or two, he obviously liked them because when we weren't looking he helped himself to the rest of the packet and snarfed the lot. A few minutes later he was copiously sick all over my best rug.

He hasn't had any since!

katemiddletonsnudeheels Mon 13-Jun-16 23:17:13

Mine once helped themselves to the delicious wild salmon - 'from the clear waters of northern Scotland', apparently.

I was not thrilled.

cecinestpasunepipe Mon 13-Jun-16 23:23:22

They've probably got the idea from watching the adverts. Some advertising executive somewhere has got a lot to answer for!

TroysMammy Tue 14-Jun-16 14:05:37

I had a cat who ate just a couple of Dreamies. Sick! I'd never seen so much. The pile was massive. That was the last time he had them.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 14-Jun-16 15:47:35

He seems fine and he's slept all day!

Toddlerteaplease Tue 14-Jun-16 22:32:01

Do most people's cats only get a couple of dreemies? Mine get a good sprinkling on the floor. ( the only way they will eat them) every couple of days. No wonder they are looking a bit chunky!

TroysMammy Tue 14-Jun-16 22:37:51

Is it maximum 7 a day?

cozietoesie Tue 14-Jun-16 22:42:21

Seniorboy dislikes them - so floor sprinkling would just create extra work for me. wink

Broken1Girl Tue 14-Jun-16 22:59:46

Think max 5 a day recommended.
Madam BrokenCat is a sedate lady who cba would not be undignified enough to steal Dreamies. I did however drop a packet once...no ill effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now