Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Else with Gingers?

(7 Posts)
Icequeen01 Sun 12-Jun-16 11:54:52

I wondered if anyone else with gingers finds that the spot on flea treatment stains their fur black for a few days. It happens every time I put it on my two fluffy ginger boys. I did ask my vet when we had to pay her a visit recently and she said she had never come across this before?

FoxesOnSocks Sun 12-Jun-16 11:56:26

No, not with mine. What are you using?

TheTeaFairy Sun 12-Jun-16 11:57:53

Snap! This happens with our ginger girls. Soon wears off though smile

6cats3gingerkittens Sun 12-Jun-16 12:49:28

I'm impressed you can get all of the drops on your cats. Mine evaporate when they hear the pack bring opened. And they hate me afterwards.

Icequeen01 Sun 12-Jun-16 13:44:46

Foxes - I use Advocate.

Tea fairy - I'm glad to hear it's not just mine this happens to. My vet looked at me as though I was mad smileI guess it must be something to do with the pigment in ginger fur. It just looks so awful though. Unfortunately I have to hold my cats by the scruff to get it on them and it often ends up not on the back of their neck but half way down their back or their shoulders. I always worry then that they can lick it off and it might harm them or the stuff won't have been on them long enough to work.

FoxesOnSocks Sun 12-Jun-16 15:15:43

Same stuff I use then. How odd - I'm sure I'd notice if it did colour his fur, he does stalk off in a strop after I apply it.

Yesterday was flea treatment and worm tablet time. Think he's just coming around to forgiving me now. Maybe.

hollinhurst84 Sun 12-Jun-16 15:17:58

Do it when they're asleep wink
I mess with his head and neck and stroke/move the fur so he's used to that anyway while he's dozing. Then slap it on. He usually wakes up for the last drop and gives me a face of "hooman! How dare you!" And it's all done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now