Ollie's day

(30 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:50:59

He's done big eyes at the neighbour for treat sticks, slept in the garden and I've just found some teenagers in my garden petting him
"Sorry to come in but he's so cute" confusedhmm
I need to tag him with an ASBO thing

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 07-Jun-16 07:10:27

Sounds like a lovely day for him. Does the neighbour have cats or are they buying treats in especially for him?.

hollinhurst84 Tue 07-Jun-16 07:40:13

She has a cat but it's not friendly at all so she likes sitting outside with Ollie on her lap confused
He's clocked on if he miaows and lifts his paw he gets treats

Toddlerteaplease Wed 08-Jun-16 17:29:21

How can you resist those eyes!

Wordsaremything Wed 08-Jun-16 20:15:19

Fabulous Ollie! What a difference from the sad pictures you posted of him in the c p l before you adopted him that you posted on the other thread about the night time confrontation.

Tom is very vocal too...also he has various 'aunts' and 'uncles' round about the whole neighbourhood who give him treats ( slice of ham, anyone?) hmm

hollinhurst84 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:16:56

He's come on so much and it's not even been a year yet. We are just back from the V.E.T and a steroid injection so he's having a waitrose pouch as a treat blushblush

Wordsaremything Wed 08-Jun-16 21:21:28

Hahaha!

When I discovered mine preferred( whispers) co op own brand to the finest on the market, I crossed out co op and wrote Harrods in thick black marker pen on the cardboard packet.

I really did this. I told my friendly co op check out person too. Who is a cat person. Thankfully.

It worked, mind you. He loves those pouches.

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 08:12:39

He's a happy lad. smile

It's good to see such a turnaround in a cat's life.

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 08:35:11

I forget how far he's come on. The vet suggested a shampoo for his scurf. He may be tolerant but I think that's a step too far grin

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 08:39:51

On your own head be it.

Personally, I'm still mentally scarred by having to allover bathe Firstcat - there was no choice due to circumstances. Not something I would willingly do again. grin

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 08:45:20

No chance. If it doesn't clear up I'll pack him off to the vets and chuck money at them to do it grin
He looks horrified when I'm in the bath and cries like he's trying to rescue me

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 08:49:26

Do you groom him?

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 08:51:41

Yes he adores it. Will stand purring for hours while I brush him. Then holds his paws out to have them trimmed confused
I towel dry him if he gets wet too blush

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 09:00:49

Personally, I'd say that's enough for the time being then. ( He's had so much wrong with him, that I'd be tempted to give his system a chance to catch up if there's nothing blindingly obvious.) A daily groom ought to be an enjoyable experience for them. All that attention! smile

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:02:57

He's staying on steroid injections as needed so every 4-8 weeks to try and crack the over grooming
He could probably do with them on 4 weekly but he hates the vet
And yes, adores being brushed/combed, having claws trimmed and he washes my nose too!

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 09:03:40

If in doubt, have a look at that photo of the lad before/just when he came to you.

I think you posted it recently?

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:05:20

Yep. Slowly getting there. I think because he's my first I worry I'm not getting it right. Especially when he eats so little (pouch a day usually) but he looks ok weight wise

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 09:13:54

Is he getting anything outside the home now he goes out? wink

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:15:37

God no. He ran away from a spider hmm
Even when he was indoor he ate v little. Although I got him a waitrose pouch last night and he inhaled the lot even with wormer in it

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 10:05:38

Hmm. My mother had a Siamese boy who didn't seem to eat much at all - until she discovered that he was flashing his baby-blues at the next door neighbour and receiving ham every day. And that was the one she found out about! grin

Still - if you saw his eating habits when he was an inside cat and all.

Maybe just keep a weather eye on his weight? It doesn't sound very much for an adult cat.

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 10:20:09

He put 900g on when he came to me despite eating so little! He's about 4kg now I think. Max he eats is 3/4 pouch am and same pm but more likely to be 1/2
And a treat stick off neighbour (or two if he pleads!)

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 10:42:22

Oh Yes. It's all starting to come out now! grin

hollinhurst84 Thu 09-Jun-16 10:46:04

He did eat an entire tub of feta when I dropped it and then didn't eat for 2 days hmm

Toddlerteaplease Thu 09-Jun-16 18:32:32

Omg that picture of him in the towel is just too cutesmile

Vinorosso74 Thu 09-Jun-16 20:22:41

I love the towel photo too! If our cat gets wet I dry her with the hairdryer on the low setting she loves it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now