Talk

Advanced search

Cat drinking water. My water.

(26 Posts)
CatsGoPurrrr Mon 06-Jun-16 19:29:25

I almost always have a glass of water on the table next to me and have recently discovered they my kitty-cat daintily drinks from it.

The evening she was sitting on the table meow in pathetically because there was no drink on it.

I get up, get a drink, turn my back and.......

(Btw, she has two bowls of fresh water, but won't touch those. Oh, no)

Destinysdaughter Mon 06-Jun-16 19:35:47

Ooh this happened to me- I just leave him a glass of his own water on the bedside table and he'll happily have a drink out of it!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 06-Jun-16 20:45:44

Its nice to share.

BrianCoxReborn Mon 06-Jun-16 20:48:23

My cat does this as well.

She also used to wait patiently for me to finish my cereal in the morning and then she gets to lap up the left over milk. Recently she has started jumping up and trying to get her face into my bowl as I'm eating it.

She's never done this before.

She's 8 Ffs!!

ChicRock Mon 06-Jun-16 20:50:41

Yep my boy does this.

Most of the time now if we're getting ourselves a glass of water we get him one too. He races upstairs as soon as we're up of a morning to drink what's left of the glasses of water on our bedside table.

DigestiveBiscuit Mon 06-Jun-16 20:51:22

Yes, our cats prefer tea, coffee, hot chocolate, orange juice...you name it to a bowl of clean water!

Toddlerteaplease Mon 06-Jun-16 20:59:07

Yep. Mine too. One of mine like tea. (Decaf)

shazzarooney999 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:01:19

yuk, reminds me of the time i was at blackpool and i saw a woman sharing her ice cream with her dog!!!! a lick for her, a lick for the dog and then a lick for her, i nearly spewed.

StillMedusa Mon 06-Jun-16 22:50:03

I now take a screw top bottle to bed instead of a glass of water for this reason... found Portia slurping away one night!

BrianCoxReborn Mon 06-Jun-16 22:50:48

I doubt the woman had rabies, I'm sure the dog was perfectly fine.

BigcatLittlecat Mon 06-Jun-16 22:59:04

Our kitten got her head stuck in a pint glass! How we laughed......until it came off all over the laptop! When we picked the laptop up water poured out! We weren't laughing then!
No kittens were hurt during the destruction of laptop! She still loves water!

evuscha Tue 07-Jun-16 12:27:43

Yes! At any opportunity she can get smile
I also got them their own glass.

twilightcafe Tue 07-Jun-16 14:23:51

evuscha I had a Himalayan cat (Herman RIP) just like yours. He would drink cold tea by sticking his flat head into the mug.

lavenderdoilly Tue 07-Jun-16 14:30:56

Also got my old lady her own glass by bedside and screw top for myself - which she regularly batted over for a cat laugh.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Tue 07-Jun-16 14:33:41

I don't understand.

You got your cat a glass of water and now you're saying that it was yours?

Whatever made you think it was yours?

rumblingDMexploitingbstds Tue 07-Jun-16 14:43:17

One of mine races to stand on the sink and dominate the glass of water I take my medication with. If I give him his own glass of water you know you have cats when you find yourself providing them with crap like this he doesn't want that one he wants my one.

Another of mine will only drink out of the flower vases. The four separate fresh water provisions in the house for them are all inferior to this apparently.

NotYoda Tue 07-Jun-16 16:27:36

Mine will only drink water out of a glass too

RustyPaperclip Tue 07-Jun-16 19:58:33

Oh our cats will only drink out of glasses or cups too, no matter how many bowls we put down. I even bought a cat drinking fountain but I am pretty sure it has not been touched. The number of times I have woken up in the night, taken a big gulp of water, swallowed and then had the realisation that a furry little mouth probably beat me to it confused

DesolateWaist Tue 07-Jun-16 20:07:16

Water from anything other than their bowl tastes so much better.

Mine drinks from my bedside water to wake me up in the morning.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Tue 07-Jun-16 20:13:33

Ours used to do this but then we moved their water from near their food and put it in a washing up bowl. They seem happy with the new plan and no longer drink our drinks.

Bogburglar99 Wed 08-Jun-16 10:36:20

BogBastard races to the bathroom whenever he hears a human footstep and leaps into the bath, waiting expectantly for you to turn the tap on so he can have a drink.

This is tedious when you actually wanted to run a bath smile

Toddlerteaplease Wed 08-Jun-16 11:30:24

I love these feeds. Keep 'em coming. I bought my. Persians new bowls and was worried that they might be too deep for them. Till I Remembered that fattycat drinks out of a pint mug.

lbab1702 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:24:01

Both of mine belt upstairs to the bathroom when ever they hear a tap going on. One drinks from the basin tap, the other the bath tap. Both used to drink from a glass of water ( mine ). I switched to a bottle and screw top lid. They come over when they see me undo the lid and like the lid filled with some water so they can lick it out hmm. Of course I oblige every time blush

Wolfiefan Wed 08-Jun-16 16:29:09

Sea breeze anyone?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 08-Jun-16 16:33:23

idiotcat is always drinking my water...I have given up caring.

I draw the line at him getting first dibs on my coffee though, he must wait till I am done....I do leave some for him.

His sister is much more refined, occasional drinking from a running tap and other than that I never see her drink. There's many and varied bowls about the house/garden for the dogs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now