Talk

Advanced search

Hand holding needed. Lumpy Slinkycat.

(33 Posts)
SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 08:11:30

So last week I noticed he'd got a wound in his side (fighting I guess) but nothing terrible, kept an eye out in case it turned. Didn't notice too much till Saturday when he spent the day licking it, pinned him down and it was scab bed over, but pusey. In fact when he got up pus started flowing from it. I cleaned him up, but noticed around two if his nipples it was crusty with a lump underneath. In fact all his wounds have a lump under. Very sore to touch, but not hot like an abscess. Couldn't get him in vets, going today. He's eating ok, not his usual voracious self, but demolished a chicken breast last night. Spent night lying on kitchen floor instead of on his blanket. I'm really worried about him. It's happened too fast to be cancer hasn't it? My poor boy.

Pipbin Tue 31-May-16 08:14:08

I have no really helpful advice, but I can hand hold. When can you get to the vets?

SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 08:18:54

Phone opens soon, but need to get a pet carrier box from pet shop first (as he destroyed the cat carrier)

SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 16:20:35

Update, even if no one is reading, because it helps. So looks like it is cancers. She was pretty sure as they aren't classic abscesses, they are all on one side and it progressed so quickly. In case she's wrong he's got abs and anti inflammatories. But he's not suffering, eating ok, not losing weight. Selfishly it can't come at a worse time as Dd is just about to start a levels. He was such a good boy in the vets, giving me cuddles and getting back in his box.
It's going to be so hard.

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 31-May-16 16:27:52

So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.

Give him a big hug from me.

x

Pipbin Tue 31-May-16 16:30:37

Oh no, what dreadful news. So sorry to hear that.
I'm amazed it came on so quickly.

zoop1 Tue 31-May-16 16:32:07

Poor Slinkycat...and poor you and your DD. How old is Slinkycat? Hopefully the antibiotics and anti-inflammatories make him more comfortable. I guess the vet should have a better idea once the drugs have had a chance to kick in.

I'm sure you will be showering Slinkycat with lots of love and his favourite foods in the meantime. Fingers-crossed for the best possible outcome.

ocelot41 Tue 31-May-16 16:32:41

Oh no - that's awful. I am so sorry.

timtam23 Tue 31-May-16 16:36:05

Ah no poor Slinkycat, what a shame. I'm sure you'll make a big fuss of him. Hopefully you'll be able to keep him comfortable for a while yet.

SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 17:17:51

He's about 11. He's got chicken and dreamies (usually forbidden) and Sheba, which is normally an appetiser for him. His mate is going to be forlorn.

Vinorosso74 Tue 31-May-16 20:18:55

Oh sorry to read this. Lots of fuss and treats for him.

eleventybillion Tue 31-May-16 20:21:47

flowers so sorry slinky. Big cuddles and treats for slinkycat

cozietoesie Tue 31-May-16 20:26:26

Poor Slinkycat. I'm sorry.

RubbishMantra Tue 31-May-16 20:30:48

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Is the vet going to do any tests?

Isn't SlinkyCat the cat that a woman attempted to steal?

I really hope the vet's wrong, and the ABs and inti inflammatories work x

BirthdayBetty Tue 31-May-16 20:37:26

Poor you and slinkycat flowers

SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 21:40:40

He is Rubbish. Well remembered. Basically she said could do them, but if it's positive still the same decision to make. A week of drugs to see if there is an improvement if not will have to decide. He's been sat on me tonight on my chest with his front legs around my neck.

SlinkyVagabond Fri 10-Jun-16 20:18:45

Update if anyone is there. Just had to have the poor boy pts. Vet couldn't have been nicer, he was fussing and talking to him all the time. He had very very aggressive cancer and fluid on his lungs. Poor boy.
Someone said to me today animals and humans both break your heart, but animals don't mean to.

TroysMammy Fri 10-Jun-16 20:30:24

I'm so sorry about the passing of your beloved cat. As someone who has also lost a beloved cat through illness a month ago it's shit. Our cats will have known how much they were loved but unfortunately they will never know how much we miss them. Hugs

cozietoesie Fri 10-Jun-16 20:34:29

Achh. I'm very sorry, Slinky.

stareatthetvscreen Fri 10-Jun-16 20:37:41

aww rip slinkycat

WalrusGumboot Fri 10-Jun-16 20:38:49

I'm so sorry to hear that. What an awful shock flowers

eleventybillion Fri 10-Jun-16 20:51:12

Oh so so very sorry Slinky flowers

SlinkyVagabond Fri 10-Jun-16 20:58:46

Well it wasn't really a shock Walrus, but we hoped he'd have a bit longer. But he was only really distressed for the last 24 hours. Ah well.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Fri 10-Jun-16 21:07:05

I'm so sorry Slinky flowers

DramaAlpaca Fri 10-Jun-16 21:08:42

So sorry for your loss Slinky flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now