The Cat has gone walkabout *worried*

(5 Posts)
crunchyfrog Mon 30-May-16 09:51:35

18 months old, neutered. He was an indoor cat until a few weeks ago, then I did some recall training with him, which appeared to work. I built up from 2 mins in the garden to letting him out on his own in the evening. A week ago he started going into next door's garden (actual jungle), 3 days ago he buggered ofc for three hours, then 2 days ago, about 5. Last night he didn't come home. I sat up until 4am (daft!) Then left kitchen window open for him.
Very worried now! Any advice? Is it worth going hunting for him or is he likely to just stroll up in a couple of days?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 30-May-16 09:59:26

I'd go out calling him but ours did the same when he was young. It's very worrying.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 30-May-16 10:02:59

They usually do come back.
We ring a bell every time we feed our cat and she usually comes when we ding the bell now.
She was gone from lunchtime last weekend until about 8am the next day, which was worrying. She was v quiet and subdued for a while when she came back, and slept a lot in the spare bedroom, so we're not sure what happened to her. She's fine again now though.

crunchyfrog Mon 30-May-16 14:08:24

Found him! Wee bugger "stuck" in next door's abandoned garden. Had to make a bridge of planks etc to get him! I have nettle stings. He, on the other hand, is entirely fine.

Relief!

RubbishMantra Mon 30-May-16 15:03:27

Phew! Glad he's back from his excursions.

I put a Loca8tor tag on my cat's safety breakaway collars. Otherwise I'd be a jibbering mess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now