How to find a lost cat

(3 Posts)
francis223 Sun 22-May-16 19:30:02

Not for me, for a local lady who is frantic after losing her black cat about a fortnight ago - he jumped into a neighbour's van and jumped out a few miles down the road, a few villages away, over a dual carriageway and into the middle of an industrial estate. She's been out almost every day and night since, without any luck. There are reports of a few sightings but nothing conclusive and she has bought a chip scanner to be able to ID him.

Does anyone have good advice about finding him? I really want to help her. Her son is so upset.

Sparklingbrook Sun 22-May-16 19:34:15

The best way these days is social media. Does your town have a Facebook Spotted page?
Or post a picture on FB and get everyone to share.

I would also leaflet the businesses on the industrial estate with a picture of the cat, and maybe an ad in the local paper.

Alert all local vets and cat rescues too.

Miloarmadillo1 Sun 22-May-16 19:35:06

I assume she's phoned local vets and rescues and put up posters already? If he ends up being taken in to a vet or rescue and he's chipped she should get him back that way. Use the power of Facebook, ask local friends to share a photo. Contact CPL or local vet and see if she can borrow a trap to set each night in the area he's been seen. Phone the council road cleaning dept ( sorry, but if he's been run over it's better to know sad )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now