Talk

Advanced search

Cat won't use litter

(8 Posts)
DanyellasDonkey Sun 22-May-16 12:07:59

I have an 8 year old male cat. We keep him in at night as twats of neighbours complain about cats meowing.

He has access to a litter tray but refuses to use it. This morning I went down and found he had peed in my hessian shopping bags!!

Any suggestions most welcome.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-May-16 12:14:04

What litter are you using?.

Toddlerteaplease Sun 22-May-16 13:16:41

Try a very fine, sand like litter. Some of them are to rough on their sensitive pads.

DanyellasDonkey Sun 22-May-16 17:22:20

I'm using Catsan, He did use it a couple of times for poos ages ago but I have caught him peeing down the bath plug hole and sink. In other words anywhere other than the litter tray!!

Toddlerteaplease Sun 22-May-16 17:36:57

I used cat San but then swapped to intersand as they walked it all over the house. Intersand is very soft and my girls love it

Vinorosso74 Sun 22-May-16 21:51:12

Our cat refused to use her tray for ages, we keep her in overnight so she must have been bursting some mornings. Moved the tray into the bathroom and suddenly was ok to use! Granted she likes sitting with us as we pee.
Litter wise she likes the cats best bit seems ok with anything now this will not pee in the darned Katcor litte we have to check for ketones as she's diabetic!

Vinorosso74 Sun 22-May-16 21:51:31

Litter not bit....

cozietoesie Sun 22-May-16 22:15:16

Some people have had success putting a thin layer of earth over the litter right at the beginning - to give it more of an outside feel. ( I really wouldn't use 'all earth' though - you'd likely end up with hard crusted mud.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now