Talk

Advanced search

Has Tesco wood pellet litter changed?

(3 Posts)
FuckOffJeffrey Sun 15-May-16 20:14:55

Been buying this litter for almost a year now and noticed last time I bought it they have changed the packaging.

I've noticed the litter box is needing empted more frequently. It turns into a full box of sawdust after a day to a day and a half where as before it was about 3 days before it went like that. (Poo's have always been removed as soon as noticed).

It could just be that my cat is a year now and is peeing more. The smell has also changed, it's less pine smelling and I can now smell the cat pee smell whereas before the litter would mask the pee scent.

Has anyone else noticed a change with the litter or could it just be because my boy had grown up the pee smell is stronger. He has been neutered if that makes a difference.

cozietoesie Sun 15-May-16 23:23:48

I've used wood pellet only once - with disastrous consequences - but supermarkets often change the size/formulation/source of items without warning people. I think it's more likely to be that than any change with your cat if you noticed the change when you bought it. (I'm assuming he's otherwise fine and vetted regularly?)

Keep an eye on the thread and posters may be able to give you alternative recommendations for wood pellet litter if needed.

FuckOffJeffrey Tue 17-May-16 17:14:36

I think it is probably just a change of formula cozietoesie.

I will maybe try buying elsewhere next time and see if it's any better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now