Cat taking neighbour presents

(14 Posts)
ClarkL Fri 13-May-16 08:39:39

Our neighbour has just popped round with a baby bunnys head. Turns out this is the latest in a long line of presents he has taken to leaving her. We always thought he wasnt a hunter :/ problem is, im JEALOUS he's leaving her presents and not us. Does he love her more?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 13-May-16 08:47:14

oh that's got to smart!

i think he might love her more! <shocked>

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 13-May-16 08:48:14

it's a bit weird she brought the head round for you though

carameldecaflatte Fri 13-May-16 08:50:26

He thinks she can't look after herself and needs feeding up and he knows you have cat food in the cupboard so you don't need any help! grin

Optimist1 Fri 13-May-16 09:02:43

That's a massive red flag, OP - have you checked his phone? smile

ClarkL Fri 13-May-16 09:04:09

Caramel that's the first answer I like!!! I shall continue to tell myself that.

Tondelaya I think she's a bit miffed, no-one wants a bunnys head at there door at 7am. I did offer to clean up anything he leaves in future

KittyKrap Fri 13-May-16 09:13:57

We have indoor cats. We found a half eaten starling on our lawn yesterday by a neighbours cat. We've told our cats that they can't go out to play with the naughty cats. Seems to have worked.

OP, maybe print out a recipe for rabbit pie?

ClarkL Fri 13-May-16 09:29:29

We have a catio for our bengals who still manage to catch and bring us birds/shrews/mice etc only our stray goes out because the catio doesn't quite give him the space he needs as a free spirit.
I've no idea what sort of civil wars he might start if he tells them he's eaten rabbit.
Optimist He doesn't have a phone any more, he got bored of us phoning and saying it was home time so he 'claims' it got lost. Perhaps I should search the hedgerows more carefully?

cozietoesie Fri 13-May-16 11:06:07

Ouch.

He 'claims' he lost it? grin

RubbishMantra Fri 13-May-16 16:34:19

They seem to enjoy bunnies' heads best, like zombies seeking brains. Crunchy on the outside, squishy in the middle. Like Minstrels. Also Hannibal Lecter as I recall was partial to a brain or 2.

At least it means he likes your neighbours...

Wolfiefan Fri 13-May-16 16:35:46

I think he actually hates your neighbours and wants them to move. It's not a present. It's a cat Mafia threat!
grin

RubbishMantra Fri 13-May-16 17:24:28

I now have an image of your neighbour, knocking at your door, looking sad/angry/outraged, clutching a bunny ear in each hand, like bicycle handlebars. Wearing disposable latex gloves of course.

ClarkL Tue 17-May-16 11:44:37

Bunny head was in a bag, neighbours proper country folk type and wore no gloves, I like the mafia idea, our cat does have a habit of walking past her dog kennels so they bark and go ballistic whilst he stares them down. Perhaps he's upping the warnings?
I wonder what the neighbour did.....

cozietoesie Tue 17-May-16 11:49:01

Ah. He's 'softening them up' to gain status over the dogs. grin It's all a ploy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now