Talk

Advanced search

Kittens eyes - are they normal?

(15 Posts)
springhasprung Fri 06-May-16 20:49:40

They look a bit cross-eyed to me. She's 6 weeks old in this pic.

6cats3gingerkittens Sat 07-May-16 10:10:15

All the kittens in my house have had this goggle eyed look while their eyes develope the ability to focuss properly. Your baby looks fine and nicely fuzzy furred. Enjoy your kitten.

GastonsPomPomWrath Sat 07-May-16 10:13:22

Yes, they do look like aliens for a while.

She's a beautiful colour Op.

cozietoesie Sat 07-May-16 10:50:43

You'll likely see a difference over the next couple of weeks but speak to the vet at her first appointment if you're concerned. When is she due to go? smile

springhasprung Sat 07-May-16 10:57:54

She's still with her mum at the moment, I don't get to bring her home for another 3 weeks. She was 6 weeks old when that picture was taken and now she's 8 weeks so hopefully they're less goggly now smile

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 07-May-16 11:00:30

Well, this is the lamest stealth boast ever.

She's lush. Bit google-eyed but who cares? I have a one-eared rabbit.

I think you should call her Google.

springhasprung Sat 07-May-16 11:06:50

grin

She's is absolutely gorgeous. I was more worried about her vision and whether her eyes have developed properly but I'm sure the vet will pick up on it if there's anything to worry about. Google is a cute name though!

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 07-May-16 11:14:55

OK - I'll be honest with you...

I had a cat with eyes similar to that and yes, her eyesight was affected. HOWEVER, it didn't affect her life iyswim. Still went out and about (although not far which was great for me!), never had a problem getting around and was a brilliant fly catcher! No operations were ever needed and no other health problems. She lived (a life of luxury) to 17.

springhasprung Sat 07-May-16 16:08:44

Oh dear so her eyes aren't normal for her age?

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 07-May-16 16:12:12

It might be absolutely nothing OP, it might be that she's just learning to focus. All I was trying to say was that even if there is something wonky about her eyes it doesn't have to be a big deal.

She'll be perfect whatever - she's a cat! grin

springhasprung Sat 07-May-16 16:50:36

Very true Milk smile

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 07-May-16 17:28:47

I'll selflessly take on little Google if she is not to your taste.

I could kiss her and love her and bury mu face in her furs and stroke her tiny paws and let her sleep down the front of my top.

springhasprung Sat 07-May-16 17:32:05

This is her sister who I'm also adopting smile

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 07-May-16 17:44:58

shock

A matching set? How adorable!!

StillMedusa Sat 07-May-16 22:42:24

My Mum has a cross eyed cat grin As in seriously wonky... but he's absolutely fine ...goes out ok and lives a life of luxury, so if your gorgeous kitten does have dodgy eyesight.. don't worry... she will be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now