Talk

Advanced search

Microchip catflap?

(5 Posts)
WalkingBlind Tue 19-Apr-16 02:15:45

Can you pay someone to install these for you? Would I just have to ask a local handyman or are there any stores that provide the service when buying the flap? Can they go in PVC doors?

I'm obviously the world's worst at DIY but want my cats to use the toilet outside.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 19-Apr-16 12:00:08

We've jut installed one in a wall,it was a real faff and dh is REALLY good at DIY.

I read up on getting them fitted in windows- you can but it's expensive and although some companies cut holes in existing double glazing it means the seal is then weak and prone to cracking. There are companies that do this so.

Can't see how it can be fitted to a upvc door but might be wrong.

I'm sure a handy man would be used to doing this sort of thing though.

strawberrypenguin Tue 19-Apr-16 12:02:10

Ours is in a pvc door but to be fair we didn't have to cut the hole - just took the old cat flap out! Was easy to put in (and really worth it)

LowDudgeon Tue 19-Apr-16 16:57:54

I have French windows with a small solid PVC section at the bottom & the window fitter installed the flap for me, luckily (DH is not handy!)

LowDudgeon Tue 19-Apr-16 16:59:26

So I reckon a joiner could do it for you, or handyman type if you know one locally (my local FB buy & sell page often has people asking for someone to do this kind of one-off job)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now