Talk

Advanced search

Catit Smartsift Litter Tray

(12 Posts)
Babieseverywhere Sat 16-Apr-16 21:46:02

I am looking for a new litter tray for my three mature furbabies.

I like the look but not the price of this litter tray..anyone have one ?

Or alternative easy use trays....tia.

Daftaboutthecat Sun 17-Apr-16 08:20:43

Hi babies I bought a Catit one through zoo plus and emailed asking to return as the clips which hold the hood to the tray were fiddly to open and close and didn't seem that sturdy. I had visions of lifting it to clean it and it coming apart.
With this being self cleaning you might not need to use the clips often but it is a consideration.
Will say zoo plus issued a full refund straight away and just asked me to donate the litter tray to a car rescue.

Babieseverywhere Sun 17-Apr-16 09:48:23

Did you have problems using it or did you have concerns before you started using it ?

That said if they will refund if I have problems, that is reassuring in one sense.

Babieseverywhere Sun 17-Apr-16 09:54:44

I also like the idea of this tray too...but worried it might be messy to filter open to the air. Plus I will have to clean/filter day and/or have three trays.

Which is why I liked the look of the other one...as I could filter it via lever when passing the box several times a day to keep it clean for all the cats iyswim.

Maybe just stick to basic cheap trays.

Babieseverywhere Sun 17-Apr-16 09:56:18

Click to second litter tray which should of been in my last post.

FireandBrimstone Sun 17-Apr-16 10:06:52

Are your cats already used to closed litter trays, like shown in your first link? Just a caution if not - I changed from an open one to one with a lid and my two hated it, would do their stuff anywhere but in the litter tray. Had to change back to an open one. (For which reason the second one does look good to me!)

Daftaboutthecat Sun 17-Apr-16 10:37:12

Babies I had concerns before I even started using it and the one I bought had 4 clips yours looks like only 2. But I only have one car so really no hassle to scoop out the poo I use wood based litter and it absorbs the urine great and there is no tracking through the house.

Babieseverywhere Sun 17-Apr-16 14:05:15

Yes, all cats are use to closed trays.

Babieseverywhere Fri 22-Apr-16 02:47:23

Bump for any other good litter tray suggestions.

Foxyspook Fri 22-Apr-16 12:09:07

I have Mod Cat which are brilliant - really love them - but ridiculously expensive. I never thought I could love a litter tray....

UptownFlunk Fri 22-Apr-16 21:57:01

I have the Modkat one too. It was ££££ but it's been worth it.

Foxyspook Fri 22-Apr-16 22:28:57

Totally worth it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now