Talk

Advanced search

Shitty Kitties.

(12 Posts)
MrsFring Sat 16-Apr-16 20:16:32

Today has been a Bad Day. Early this morning I noticed that one of our (huge) ginger Maine Coon kittens was arse-dragging on the kitchen floor. I lifted his tail to discover unbelievable amounts of shit stuck all over his arse and tail. He'd taken the trouble to distribute it throughout the house too. Three hours of carpet shampooing followed culminating in me wrestling the (huge) kitten into the bath and hosing him down with soap and the shower attachment. I scoured the bath with bleach and hoped that my day would improve.

Just now I went to run myself a bath and discovered that one of my older cats has shat in it. They all now believe that this is The Done Thing, clearly.

Does this kind of happen to other people? Please say that it does.

cozietoesie Sat 16-Apr-16 20:48:40

Er.... Afraid not. sad

LanaorAna1 Sat 16-Apr-16 21:17:10

Oh bien sur, madame.

One of my parents' cats was flamboyantly incontinent. Feliway and a bit of training sorted it out. And a lot of gin.

cozietoesie Sat 16-Apr-16 21:21:28

They needed an excuse for [gin] ? grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 16-Apr-16 21:22:28

No. Not had that one.

Keep the bathroom door shut all the time.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 16-Apr-16 21:22:42

They may be upset at the treatment meted out to Ginger Shitten, and done it as a dirty protest, or just because they are arseholes, or the litter tray was busy when they needed it.

Maybe Ginger Shitten needs a bit of a trim down below, to stop the clingons?

MrsFring Sat 16-Apr-16 21:25:07

Flamboyantly incontinent! That phrase has lifted my spirits no end, merci!

Bogburglar99 Sat 16-Apr-16 21:32:55

Ah. Can't advise on the shitting in bath scenario, but BogBastard has benefited from the vet doing a 'sanitary trim' of his rear end. Also, if he's a Maine Coon is the litter tray big enough?

GruffaloMoggy Sat 16-Apr-16 21:41:59

I read somewhere on here recently not to use amonia/bleach near cats as they will wee on it. So I think thats why your DC did it in the bath, I had no idea.

MrsFring Sat 16-Apr-16 22:42:57

Good point about the litter trays, we've got large covered ones but the MCs still can only use them with head and shoulders out and the business end in. As they're still only half grown I will have to find some mahoosive litter trays pdq.

I had considered a bit of an arse-trim for them but it felt wrong as they're still (giant) babies. Today's shenanigans may have changed that though.

Bogburglar99 Sun 17-Apr-16 12:40:10

I felt rotten doing it to BogBastard but I think it was a pleasanter experience for him than regularly being held down and having his back end washed - he is not normally a vocal cat but the wails were piteous!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 17-Apr-16 16:23:52

Current cat and LandingCat (RIP) both have spared us that particular pleasure. However, LandingCat's dear departed mum, GrumpyGirl, used to crap in the bathroom whenever she was pissed off with me, which wasfairly frequently. If I'd been away overnight, for example, as soon as she heard the key in the door she would hotfoot it to the bathroom then be sitting crapping on the floor when I popped my head round the door to see where she was, glaring at me as if to say What do you expect? It's entirely your own fault. See also if I'd been out for drinks after work and dinner was a bit late. Or if I tried to administer meds/check her ears/put her in the cat carrier. Or if she'd just woken up feeling a bit fed up (clearly also my fault.)

It was a rented flat with carpet in the bathroom. We went through a lot of carpet shampoo and frankly, the bath would have been far preferable. She was a cantankerous old biddy, but I loved her anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now