We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Things I love that my cat does

(13 Posts)
RoastChickenDinner Sat 09-Apr-16 11:27:33

Please add yours. Mine are:

1. Snuggle on my chest when I'm sitting up in bed.

2. Wait outside the bathroom for me to come out of the shower.

3. Sitting watching me eat my tea, not because she wants some, but because she is waiting to get on my knee, and then climbs on my chest if I'm not finished fast enough.

4. When I say 'kiss', she gives me a kiss. grin

cozietoesie Sat 09-Apr-16 11:35:56

The Paw. I love The Paw - especially when it's Oh So Tentative. smile

daisiesinthespring Sat 09-Apr-16 11:41:09

Aw this is a nice thread smile

Mine just lay purring quietly by me for ages when my dad died and I'd wake up early in the morning crying. He would just lie right by my side and his purring was so soothing.

I have a brother and sister from the same litter and they look the same and I do find it really cute when they curl up together smile

RoastChickenDinner Sat 09-Apr-16 11:47:49

Oh daisies that gave me a wee tear sad.

It's funny how they know when someone needs them isn't it? PreciousPussGirl isn't the world's biggest fan of DD2, but kept going to snuggle her when she had a nasty virus. Although that might have just been because she had a raging temperature and she liked the heat. grin

I also love how she keeps trying to be friends with DH, even though he shoos her every time and is not a cat person. She still keeps on trying smile

Wolfiefan Sat 09-Apr-16 11:49:33

Daisies that's lovely but sad. flowers
One of mine headbutts me. They both get under the duvet and lie purring on my feet. They take it in turns.

Mincepies76 Sat 09-Apr-16 14:14:01

He will go up 2 flights of stairs just to steal a little knitted square he loves...he then carries it around in his mouth.
Otherwise just that he's beautiful and gentle and sweet smile

Diamogs Sat 09-Apr-16 14:18:50

Mine spent a year in a rescue place until we got them six months ago, they are coming out of their shell more and more.

When I get home from work I open the door and call out "Hello kitkats" and hear a thump as they jump off my bed and run down to greet me.

MiffleTheIntrovert Sat 09-Apr-16 14:29:19

My cat is endearingly stupid. She regularly falls off windowsills, sofa arms, chairs etc. She can't see her food until it is pointed out to her (eyes are fine). She walks into things. She gets things (like cat toys) tangled in her fur and drags them around. She is scared of the back door, but not the front.

I love all these things, and the fact that if I open the front door at night before bed, she will come running in from wherever she is.

SharingMichelle Sat 09-Apr-16 17:21:13

Oh what a lovely thread.
I love her very quiet miow - it's so sweet and polite.
I love feeling her curl up on my feet in the middle of the night.
I love how she likes to be a part of everything we do, but is never pushy.
I love how brave and agile she is, despite having only one eye.
I love how the only time she is anything but ladylike is when she falls over herself rubbing against my ankles.
I love her calm little daily routine. She is so self contained.
I love how she won't leave the children's sides when they're sick.
I love how neat she is - when she eats, how she moves, everything she does.
She is very calming presence in my house, and she makes me so happy, and grateful that she chose us.

<discretely draws a veil over Crap Cat, our other cat>

LemonRedwood Sat 09-Apr-16 17:28:31

Cozie I love The Paw too! Mine does the one where he gently rests it on your face but he also does this thing where if I stop stroking him and he's not had enough yet he'll hook his paw around my hand (no claws) and rub my hand across his cheek 😊

penguinfan Sat 09-Apr-16 17:32:39

I love how mine snuggles up with his piggy. smile

Bogburglar99 Sat 09-Apr-16 19:00:50

That he still thinks he fits on ththe back of the chair where he liked to sleep as a tiny kitten, and lies along it like a huge, furry, precariously balanced antimacassar.

That when DD was poorly she had a stone of fluffy Siberian keeping her warm while she took a nap on the sofa.

His habit of lying upside down under the sofa and moving himself along it like an apricot giant sloth.

His superbly good tempered acceptance of worship from two enthusiastic kids.

RubbishMantra Sat 09-Apr-16 20:40:40

Hah, MCat does the upside down running, on the oval shaped ottoman. Round and round in circles. I love the way he does the flop, head first, then writhes about in front of me.

I love that Little Monsieur hasn't mastered the art of miaowing, he makes strange errng-YAH! noises instead. And when he's done a poo, he skips about happily. Oh, and when he sits on the windowsill chattering and nickering at the birds.

I could go on....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now