Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for spot-on worming treatments please.

(12 Posts)
RubbishMantra Tue 05-Apr-16 15:32:29

MCat has turned into a vicious snarling beastie when I attempt his worming pill. Even holding it in his mouth for a few minutes, then spitting it out when he thinks I'm not looking.

DH used to help with this, (I got the bitey end, DH would hold him securely but gently), but MCat gets terribly upset if someone else tries to help, and it's definitely a 2 person job.

So could somebody recommend a worm only spot on treatment for him? Preferably one I can buy online, such as Vet UK.

Thank you!

Archfarchnad Tue 05-Apr-16 15:38:17

We've had good experience with Profender, Archcat refuses point blank to take a pill too.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 05-Apr-16 17:38:18

Only profender and Broadline kill round and tapeworms both are prescription only medicines so to buy online you will need a prescription from your vet.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 05-Apr-16 17:40:13

We got a spot on type thing from the vet's, first time is tomorrow, I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow smile

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:07:06

Prescriptions are about £8 at our vets.

RubbishMantra Tue 05-Apr-16 18:28:35

Thanks all!

He's due for his jabs in the next week, so will ask vet for a prescription.

Fluffy, is the £8 prescription just for one treatment, or do you get a box of, say, 3 treatments? Basically, is it more cost effective to buy online with a prescription?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:38:43

The prescription lets you buy online, sorry I didn't explain it very well.

Online pharmacies are much cheaper and you can use a cashback site to get some money back from the transaction.

I know one year advocate worked out at £4 per dose using an online pharmacy. I had to post the prescription to them but it was all very effiecent.

RubbishMantra Tue 05-Apr-16 19:25:36

Thanks Fluffy.

Will you give ASBO an ear stroke from me? (Or whatever his favoured fuss spot is.)

Litttle M's grown lamb-chop sideburns, victorian train conductor style. His current favourite fuss spot. I can't believe he's 2 already.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 05-Apr-16 21:16:31

I remember him being a kitten. Mutton chops for your little lamb.

RubbishMantra Fri 15-Apr-16 17:47:41

Managed to get a Drontal into Demon Mcat. Lots of bribery with Dreamies. But for all I know, he squirrelled it away into his cheek, and spat it out. He's still eyeing me suspiciously.

Broadline does fleas and worms, am I right? And Profender is just for worms?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Apr-16 17:52:02

I think broadline does everything.

RubbishMantra Sat 16-Apr-16 14:05:18

Ta Fluffy.

I've been trying to get a photograph of his Marvelous Mutton Chops, but he's never still for very long...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now