What is wrong with her?!

(11 Posts)
FudgeCat91 Mon 04-Apr-16 16:26:04

FudgeCat is about 7 months old, and since Saturday has been inconsolable! Crying, howling, rolling on the floor all the time making a little "twill" noise, woke me up at 5am this morning yapping in the bathroom... she's normally curled up by my feet until my alarm wakes her up. She never usually lets me rub her belly but now if I try she's making all kinds of sounds?!

I think she might be in heat? Am ready for a barrage of abuse but am slightly distraught at the thought of my tiny little baby being ready to reproduce! She's booked in for a spay on the 22nd and I am horrified at the thought of her little fluffy belly being shaved sad

cozietoesie Mon 04-Apr-16 16:38:25

Yep - she's wanting to hit those streets and meet up with some local tom. 4 months is the recommended time for neutering these days, all other things being OK, so you've been lucky she didn't come into heat before.

Keep all those doors and windows tight closed. They can be devilishly persistent at getting out when they're real motivated.

No way you can get an earlier op?

gamerchick Mon 04-Apr-16 16:38:26

Needs doing man. Make sure she cant get out if she's horney.

You feel sad now but maybe by the time you get to the end of her heat and wanting to throttle her you'll be counting the days.

FudgeCat91 Mon 04-Apr-16 17:06:34

cozietoesie She's an indoor cat (I take her outside sometimes to put bins out etc and she's clawing my shoulder off to get back inside), so no way will she be doing the dirty with any local toms. She's never tried to get out either, open the front door and she craps herself and runs away. Just hoping no horny toms come round waving their bits at my front door!

Can't get her in any earlier either, gamerchick how long is this hell going to last?!

cozietoesie Mon 04-Apr-16 18:01:20

Sorry, Fudge. You can't take anything for granted when they're in heat - there's some serious motivation going on there. Even if the op would effectively take care of any consequences, they can become real stupid at such times and if a bit of stuff was strutting around across the road, there's no guarantee that there wouldn't be a mad dash across and be hanged to any cars.

Best keep the doors etc tight closed. grin

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 04-Apr-16 18:17:30

If you're really unlucky it's continuous until they get pg or spayed.

Be very vigilant, the urge to mate is going to override any fear of outside, and plenty of people don't neuter toms, plus stray cats.

gamerchick Mon 04-Apr-16 19:04:48

Yep fatal last words. I see many a post on lost and found facebook groups about missing uneutered house cats. The owners were always perplexed to what happened because they feared the outdoors usually.

FudgeCat91 Tue 05-Apr-16 08:48:12

She's under lockdown until the 22nd then, as cute as they would be I can't deal with the pitter patter of tiny paws just yet!

She's been so much more affectionate towards my OH since she came into heat though, usually she's such a mummy's girl but at the minute she won't leave him alone! hmm

cozietoesie Tue 05-Apr-16 09:08:01

Tell him not to take it too seriously! grin

(Although some of that affectionate behaviour might 'stick' I suppose, if she gets into the habit of making nice with him, smile)

FudgeCat91 Tue 05-Apr-16 12:54:19

As soon as he sits down she lays on the floor rolling at his feet and licking his toes, since when did my tiny baby cat become such a hussy grin

I kind of hope so cozietoesie, all horniness aside it is quite cute sometimes smile

cozietoesie Tue 05-Apr-16 13:31:33

Just don't reveal to him how undiscriminating they are when on heat. wink I'm afraid that your lovely little girl has pretty well turned into a whirly-eyed hellion. You've acquired something like a tempestuous hormonal teenager X 3. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now