Talk

Advanced search

Is she eating enough?

(5 Posts)
TeeManyMartoonis Mon 04-Apr-16 15:03:07

Apologies for two threads in 24 hrs, I may be being a bit PFC...

Bit worried my rescue isn't eating enough. She is very petite but 4kg. We have had her since Saturday.

So far she has had:
A small bowl of dry Purina One and Royal Canin mix (she has been on RC, I plan on keeping her on it, but they were out of stock of big bags when I bought it so I am doing a mix atm)
A couple of decent forkfuls of tuna which she wolfed down (prob 1/3 of a tin)
Probably 5 Dreamies
Some licks of a piece of cheese

She has refused the chicken I left out for her. She was on a mainly dry diet which I would like to make fully dry if possible, supplemented by chicken/prawns/fish as and when. I have some pouches as a back up.

Do I need to worry? I don't want to mess her around or try and push food on her. At the moment the bowl of dry and water is there. She has used her litter tray for both things since she got here.

Help!

thecatneuterer Mon 04-Apr-16 15:46:45

Don't worry. It's likely to take her a couple of weeks or so to be relaxed enough to eat normally. Just leave it up to her. And generally speaking if she doesn't seem to eat much but still maintains a healthy weight, then there is still no need to worry.

cozietoesie Mon 04-Apr-16 16:02:26

No need at all for apologies smile - but it's only been a couple of days so she's likely still settling in and learning about her new home. It's a big change for her and at least she's using her tray well.

I'd just offer her what she's been used to eating as best I could and then let her get on with her adjustment.

TeeManyMartoonis Mon 04-Apr-16 16:13:31

Thank you both - I don't know what I would do without this forum! I have just sat next to her and given her a cuddle, she out both front legs out and wrapped them round my forearm, then nuzzled her head against my arm. Squeee!

cozietoesie Mon 04-Apr-16 16:20:26

Sounds like a contented girl. smile

Keep those pictures coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now