you agonise over the right name and then realise months later....

(29 Posts)
Wordsaremything Sat 02-Apr-16 18:41:41

They are actually called something else.

It's happened with all my cats apart from my first - the late, great Bertie.

So my current cats 'real' names are: William, ( extrovert black boy ) Dora, ( dainty princess blacky browny half Burmese) Susie, ( feisty disabled tor tie and white) and Oliver Rabbit.( gentle elderly tabby failed foster cat.

Why does this happen? What are your cats' other names?grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 02-Apr-16 18:56:11

"no, DONT".

Suits him really well.

RubbishMantra Sat 02-Apr-16 19:52:22

"no DON'T" also seems to suit Little Monsieur (his official nickname). He has a particular dislike for a large Yankee Candle on the upstairs mantlepeice, and it spends more time on the floor. Determined expression, paw extended, looks sideways at me to make sure I'm aware of what he's about to do, then nudges it off the mantle.

Black and white's is Senor. Because I imagine him speaking in a sinister Spanish accent.

ooerrmissus Sat 02-Apr-16 19:54:34

Ours is Gerroffahtovityoubugger.

He's very nosy.

AdriftOnMemoryBliss Sat 02-Apr-16 20:57:57

Boycat is mostly "GET DOWN" at the moment, lol. But i call him L'il Dude or Baby Bear when i'm not trying to get him off the shelving and out of my DS's wardrobe!

Girlcat is Princess or Baby Girl.

[names removed by MNHQ]

iloveeverykindofcat Sat 02-Apr-16 21:50:12

Oh my God, loads. Habibi (totally innapropriate as she was only pretending to be a sweet demure darling to get out of the rescue centre, jumped out of her carrier the second I got her home like trolololol j/k) is known as Bibi, Beebs, Miss Boss, Queen, and Madam. Zara - Zizi, Z, Al-Jazeera (don't ask), Zeera Beera, Darling, and Angel.

ProbablyMe Sat 02-Apr-16 21:54:31

Dave the Cat is also known as DAVID! when he's being a pest. He's also known as Vlad. Answers to it too. Don't know why, just came out one day.

MrsBertMacklin Sat 02-Apr-16 21:55:07

Audrey is only used when she's been deliberately naughty, which isn't often. Her real name is Audreybear or Bunbun, depending on the cute><annoying spectrum.

BaronessBomburst Sat 02-Apr-16 21:56:20

Silke ignores her name but always responds to.......Cat. grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:57:13

I need to know the candle scent to decide if LM is being U or not.

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 02-Apr-16 21:58:06

My late, great Harlequin.

Officially Harlequin Bogwoppit.

Spent most of his life as The Bogooster.

Wolfiefan Sat 02-Apr-16 21:58:28

I have a cassiewassiewoowah and a tillywillywoo.
blush
They are also known as no, stop it, fucking pack it in, baggage and moo bag!!!!!!!!
Outs self!

RatOnnaStick Sat 02-Apr-16 22:00:46

Tango (ginger fat long haired grumpy lion) is more often referred to as Patty due to his incredibly soft Patty paws which never show claws at al. Zeb (the snowshoe) is known as Mr Wu and always has been. I have no idea why confused.

HawkEyeTheNoo Sat 02-Apr-16 22:18:53

Jasmine (pure breed Siamese) is actually called "get off of my plate this is my food!!"

DraenorQueen Sat 02-Apr-16 22:22:24

At the moment, Olive is known as Pissy Polly because she's taken a great liking to my bedroom floor, and as such has pissed liberally all over it sad

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 02-Apr-16 22:24:10

The Bogooster was also known as For-the-love-of-god-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-it-it-was-your-bloody-favourite-food-last-week.

Wolfiefan Sat 02-Apr-16 22:25:09

We also had a Harrytheman. And a cat who answered to Sexybeast!

RubbishMantra Sat 02-Apr-16 22:39:41

Fluffy, it's French Vanilla! The one with a pic of a waffle ice cream cone! It has a lid on it! Who doesn't like vanilla ffs! He has no problem with the white chocolate truffle one though. Arsehole.

Maybe he hates the French?

YesItsMeIDontCare Sat 02-Apr-16 22:43:32

Posting picture of The Bogooster (aka Harlington) in the hope that others will follow suit so I can go Awwwwww a lot.

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 02-Apr-16 23:36:27

DH calls DCat1 NumbNuts because he is not overly endowed with brains and can't jump (the cat not DH...). All of our sheets have a little hole in the bottom of them, where he has tried to jump onto the bed and failed, but clung on desperately.

He calls the other one Your Fucking Cat Has Shat On The Bed Again It's Not Normal WHat Are You Going To Do About It.

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 03-Apr-16 07:23:40

Yesitsme it doesn't take much to persuade me grin

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 03-Apr-16 07:23:54

Yesitsme it doesn't take much to persuade me grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 03-Apr-16 07:37:35

Vanillas not one of my favourites either. White chocolate truffle sounds awesome though.

YABU.

Harlington Has it made there.

Olinguito Sun 03-Apr-16 11:35:46

Ours is affectionately known as Kattybastard.

Oldraver Mon 04-Apr-16 21:49:25

Mr Flop, as he tends to walk into where you are and will just flop on the floor.

OH is calling him expensive kitty ate the moment as he needs x-rays

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now