Heavy weight on my chest!

(7 Posts)
Papergirl1968 Thu 31-Mar-16 15:39:02

Why, why, why does my cat (large-ish tabby) feel the need to stand, sit or lie on my chest in the middle of the night, purring and trying to tap my face? I often sleep on my back and keep waking up to a heavy weight on my chest, thinking I'm having a heart attack...
I pushed him off last night and turned over on to my side, and he promptly settled down on my ribcage.
He also likes to sleep between my knees, and I have to ease my legs up and around him. And of course he takes up at least half of the bed. Lucky I'm single...
But I wouldn't be without him for all the world, sleepless nights or not!

Sparklingbrook Thu 31-Mar-16 15:57:47

That all sounds familiar. Sparklingcat likes to sleep on me like a scarf, and if I give her a fuss she starts dribbling.

In the daytime she's not fussed about sitting on me.

LionsLedge Thu 31-Mar-16 18:55:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RubbishMantra Thu 31-Mar-16 19:05:05

I've got one that stamps all over me whilst I'm asleep. Sometimes it's because he wants to get under the duvet, sometimes it's just him being an arse. He works his way up from my feet, then scratches at the duvet to be let into bed. Like your cat paper, he's also between the knee sleeper. Once he's asleep, he's in a kitty coma. I'm surprised he didn't get squashed as a kitten, because he'd sleep between DH and me.

The other one hisses and yowls if I dare move even a toe.

Papergirl1968 Thu 31-Mar-16 19:50:07

Cats - bless their little cotton socks! Mine also loves me to change the bed. He dives under the fitted sheet and lies on his back, paws in the air, claws sticking through the sheet like little needles, biting and kicking my hand and then purring like crazy when I cuddle him.

LazySusan11 Fri 01-Apr-16 18:47:39

I have one that's a nighttime chest sleeper and one that manages to get so far up between my legs I wake up feeling like I'm giving birth to her! She also has to sleep on your leg giving you pins and needles, not fun when you wake up needing the loo and you've got a dead leg!

lbab1702 Fri 01-Apr-16 23:06:34

gringringrin at 'feel like I'm giving birth to her' .......that made me splutter on my cup of tea! I have an on my chest sleeper and a between my legs sleeper. Not too bad seperately but together and I can't move ( wouldn't dream of disturbing either of them) so don't get a good nights sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now