New rescue cat: toiletting

(9 Posts)
tippytap Mon 28-Mar-16 10:19:57

Hiya,

We adopted an 8/9 yo rescue cat on Friday. She's amazing.

She's using the litter box regularly but has only done one poo, on Saturday.
Jessie is eating fine, she's been sick a couple of times, which the shelter told me was not unexpected with new home/new food etc.
Should I be worried about this and call the shelter/vets or is it something else that is not unexpected in view of all the changes she's had?

cozietoesie Mon 28-Mar-16 10:25:35

Did she use her tray to poo in? smile

I'd give it just a little longer, I reckon.

cozietoesie Mon 28-Mar-16 10:26:47

PS - had she been wormed, flead etc etc at the shelter?

tippytap Mon 28-Mar-16 10:30:14

She's peed a fair bit and pooed on Saturday.

Def fleaed and wormed at the shelter.

tippytap Mon 28-Mar-16 10:31:41

Actually, they fleaed and wormed her just before we brought her home, if they makes a difference?

cozietoesie Mon 28-Mar-16 10:36:20

She's had a lot to cope with then - mentally and physically. As it's only Monday, I'd give her some time to settle, myself. Do you all do much talking to her? smile

tippytap Mon 28-Mar-16 10:42:53

Yep. And petting. Whenever one of us sits down, she's in our laps like a flash.

cozietoesie Mon 28-Mar-16 10:48:52

In my experience, once a cat is settled, they have a certain periodicity to their evacuation. (Poo and pee at about the same time according to what they've been eating etc.) You won't really know hers yet - and there have been so many factors potentially influencing it: her move, new food, being sick etc etc.

If she hadn't had a poo on Saturday, I might be getting a little edgy by now but currently? I reckon I'd relax for a little. smile

tippytap Mon 28-Mar-16 10:51:10

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll stand down for a while and see how she does.

T

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now