cat sitting

(9 Posts)
MadauntofA Mon 28-Mar-16 08:23:53

We will be away from Friday night to Sunday midday in a couple of weeks. I'm going to ask our friendly neighbour to pop in and feed dcat sat am, pm and sun am. I want to give her some money even though she is likely to turn it down, but how much would you offer?

Holeypurplesocks Mon 28-Mar-16 08:25:31

I pay my teenage neighbour £5 a day.
I expect your neighbour will refuse so maybe buy her a nice present?

Madcats Mon 28-Mar-16 21:27:58

Our cat(s), now sadly just one Madcat, don't like strangers so we try to keep things simple even if it costs a bit more

I would pay DD's cat-owning friends agreed pocket money, a parent/neighbour who pops in a lot for coffee/drinks we'd buy a decent bottle of wine. Any longer than a few feeds we pay our petsitter £6 a visit (she's known noisy meezer for nearly 12 years).

Hope that helps

Wolfiefan Mon 28-Mar-16 21:30:11

Is the cat an indoor cat? Make sure it is secure and can't zip out whilst you are away.

PestilentialCat Mon 28-Mar-16 22:33:28

Neighbour will refuse cash payment I'm sure the going rate here is a bottle of wine

cozietoesie Mon 28-Mar-16 22:43:19

A decent bottle of wine - or equivalent in flowers/chocs if they don't drink - is a neighbourly gesture right enough. smile

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Mon 28-Mar-16 22:51:04

Bottle of wine / box of chocs standard here, and use a professional cat sitter for anything longer than a couple of days.

Onlygingergothinthevillage Mon 28-Mar-16 22:54:04

I buy my cat sitter wine. She lives in the next street & pops in on her way too & from work.

MadauntofA Tue 29-Mar-16 20:15:43

Thanks, wine it will be then. He is an outdoor cat so spends most nights out and sleeps in the day - being know we are gone if food is leftgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now