Talk

Advanced search

flea treating

(12 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Wed 23-Mar-16 01:32:20

Any tips? I need more hands and I don't have them!
Cat fine up until when he feels the liquid/cold and then tries to leg it while wailing at me
He's quite patient and won't bite me or anything but I can't hold him, part the hair and empty contents at same time
How do you do it? I tried the putting dreamies on the floor trick and he didn't fall for that one. Am contemplating a cat blanket burrito....

FranKubelik Wed 23-Mar-16 10:29:47

I'd love to hear tips on this too. I have this problem except that my cat legs it as soon as she sees the box! She will bite if I try to hold her so I have to sneak up and try to catch her unawares. I'm then shunned by her for a few days. There must be an easier way.

marjolaine Wed 23-Mar-16 11:24:10

I kneel on the floor, pinning the cat between my thighs/knees, and grab a big handful of the scruff of her neck, kind of like her mother would have done.

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 11:39:21

I do it when they're sleeping. smile

ScoopyDoo Wed 23-Mar-16 11:39:27

I do mine when they are sleeping.

hollinhurst84 Wed 23-Mar-16 12:28:51

Right. Sleeping I can attempt, he's still in bed from last night hmm so we do that pretty well. Not sure why I didn't think of that!
Luckily he's forgiving, he runs off shouting then wants cuddles a minute later

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 12:35:53

Mine receive some casual head caressing when they're snoozing pretty frequently so it doesn't alarm them at all.

It's worth doing that to accustom them. smile

hollinhurst84 Wed 23-Mar-16 12:37:42

Yep he's quite happy with me doing that, or brushing him or poking him. Worlds most tolerant cat unless he suspects something grin

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 12:43:25

You're probably sending out massive signals of unease all over the place when it comes to a 'task'. They can tell your mood more or less. smile

DubiousCredentials Wed 23-Mar-16 12:46:37

I kneel and pin cat between by thighs and hold her (gently) sort of across the throat with one hand, manage to part fur and apply with the other.

hollinhurst84 Wed 23-Mar-16 13:33:17

Still in bed hmm
Are you meant to have to poke cats awake or is mine just a lazy sod?! He has changed sides...

purplebaglady Wed 23-Mar-16 13:45:07

Definitely the sleeping cat!
I only do mine when asleep otherwise they go bonkers. When they hear the cap 'pop' you can't see them for dust. Sometimes mine don't even wake up if I catch them in deep sleep. Happy cat treating smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now