Boozy cat!

(16 Posts)
Vinorosso74 Tue 22-Mar-16 23:34:09

Well I've got to the bottom of what's caused all my cat's medical problems.....

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 00:22:40

Good taste in whisky. smile

catsofa Wed 23-Mar-16 00:34:36

Your cat looks exactly like mine! Hang on, has mine been popping round to yours to drink bloody Talisker?!?

DramaAlpaca Wed 23-Mar-16 01:08:16

Really good taste in whisky!

<bitter memories of visiting the Talisker distillery on Skye and not being able to drink the free samples because I was pregnant>

I think Talisker would be a great name for a cat grin

Vinorosso74 Wed 23-Mar-16 10:29:35

DP is the whisky drinker. I don't think he'd be impressed if your cat was nicking his whisky catsofa!
She looked so funny when I caught her. I could hear this strange noise from the kitchen so went in and there she was on the bench happily sniffing and pawing away at the box then stopped when she saw me and was all wide-eyed "nothing to see here human".

massivearse Wed 23-Mar-16 10:32:00

Err what are you doing with my cat?

Thecatknowsshesboss Wed 23-Mar-16 12:24:37

I agree Talisker is a great name for a cat - as that is Dcats name though it gets shortened to Tali a lot.

EleanorAbernathy Wed 23-Mar-16 21:03:06

He's a bit classier than our alcoholic cat!

Vinorosso74 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:52:15

So a lot of you also have B&W cats.... I promise I'm not stealing any or getting them drunk!
Our vet called me today with some blood results and to check on how she is but I didn't tell her she's been after the Talisker.
Eleanor at least it's not White Lightning

hugoagogo Wed 23-Mar-16 21:55:42

We had a cat called Talisker, poor old sausage.

It is a cool name a lot better than stella anyhow grin

hugoagogo Wed 23-Mar-16 21:57:54

God I love talisker, I couldn't drink it for years after we had our cat pts. sad

cozietoesie Wed 23-Mar-16 22:38:03

I once visited the Glenmorangie distillery in Tain. We - and a party of Japanese tourists - were shown into this wonderful old wood panelled room with a big coal fire burning and invited to sample the produce. The Japanese tourists sighed in contentment and started drinking so I may have been the only one to see a man slip past us, open a wood-panelled door and reveal for the briefest of moments a large fluorescent lit room filled with a multitude of computer screens and people! Preservation of the brand image etc. wink

Anyway - the point of this story is that in front of this glowing coal fire in the wood panelled room was a cat, curled up and fast asleep.

At least, I had always assumed he was fast asleep. Now - having seen Vino's cat - I'm wondering whether he was in fact just completely stocious ! grin Maybe there's a long and jealously guarded tradition of which I was unaware.

sashh Thu 24-Mar-16 06:27:01

OMG I once had an alcoholic dog. If you had a can of coke he wasn't interested but a can of beer - he would howl for. And if there were two or three people drinking he would go for the stronger beer.

He was a rescue - I didn't introduce him to alcohol.

If he got an empty can he would bite the tab of the ring pull off, put one paw on the side near the top to tip it up and virtually inhale the remaining drops.

<sorry to go off topic>

RoastChickenDinner Thu 24-Mar-16 07:47:14

Buckfast is way worse than white lightening Vino!!!!

Vinorosso74 Thu 24-Mar-16 09:57:09

I've just Googled Buckfast and don't think I'll let my cat drink it.

RoastChickenDinner Thu 24-Mar-16 10:03:24

It's what all the alkies drink round here (and my friend's very middle class mother but there you go).hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now