Talk

Advanced search

My kitten won't keep her come on after being spayed

(7 Posts)
Steff123 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:02:18

My 6 month old kitten was spayed today and she was given a cone to stop her biting the stitches but no matter what I do she keeps getting it off no matter how tight I put it 🙁 Can anybody suggest anything I could do ??

DolphinsandDinosaurs Wed 16-Mar-16 22:06:06

She may be fine without it. We had trouble getting the cone on our kitten who was spayed a couple of weeks ago, so we left it off and kept a close eye on her. She has shown no sign of bothering the stitches at all, and at her post op check the vet was happy with how she had healed.

Costacoffeeplease Wed 16-Mar-16 22:16:47

You can get her a little body suit?

cupcakesandwine Wed 16-Mar-16 22:45:11

some cats are just escapologists and IME a really determined cat will always manage to get a cone off, I have one who can get anything off in under five minutes BUT she also has never shown any interest in licking the wound so it has not been a problem. My other (accident prone) cat has worn the cone of shame on many an occasion. I agree, I would just keep an eye on her for now. If she takes the stitches out or the wound goes puffy then back to the vets. There are various style of collar and she may tolerate a floppy one better.

Steff123 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:45:59

Thanks guys I made her a little home made jumper out of some leggings 😊 Seems to have done the trick so far fingers crossed

Steff123 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:47:00

And she loves it 😊

BirthdayBetty Thu 17-Mar-16 00:14:47

Ingenius op, perhaps you could start a business making and selling them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now