Talk

Advanced search

Furminator

(9 Posts)
Daftaboutthecat Sat 12-Mar-16 08:47:58

Has anyone used one? I brush my cat with the Kong rubber brush but find the hair flies everywhere tempted to try a Furminator.

OVienna Sat 12-Mar-16 08:56:49

Yes we do. We find it v good. Grandma from America bought one for her 'grandson.'

Mincepies76 Sat 12-Mar-16 14:28:28

Hi, yes I use one. Got it from Amazon about £23 I think. Excellent brush, gets loads of hair off. I wouldn't get one if your cat isn't keen on being brushed. Wilbur likes to be brushed but won't be Furminated for more than 5-10 mins (which is about how long you should use it).

Waxlyrically Sat 12-Mar-16 14:38:21

Yes I use one for my boy and he loves it. He's long haired and it is the long haired cat one I use. Gets most tangles out but sometimes takes a few days if he has a big lug in a tricky place. He gets brushed with it every day and goes and sits next to it in the morning waiting.

GRW Sat 12-Mar-16 16:51:05

My parents cat loved being brushed with this, and it did get loads of hair off. My boy bit me when I tried it, so I use a zoom groom instead which is gentler.

LogicalThinking Sat 12-Mar-16 17:24:59

Yes - we can get a whole spare cat from it!
They're brilliant

Daftaboutthecat Sat 12-Mar-16 19:03:10

Bought one today wow can't believe the amount of hair that comes away 😀

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 12-Mar-16 19:08:32

Mine hate it. Well, one tolerates it and the other will lash out at you. They both leg it as soon as they see me approach with it. They much prefer the Zoom Groom.

StillYummy Sat 12-Mar-16 19:39:41

Mine loves it, it is also good on horses, dogs etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now