Boycat LOVES sardines

(27 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Fri 11-Mar-16 11:50:53

I bought some sardines in spring water from Sainsburys, the cat wolfed them down grin I don't think I've ever seen him eat so fast.

hollinhurst84 Fri 11-Mar-16 12:00:24

I dropped a tub of those feta cheese cubes this week. It was like a game of bastard hungry hippos

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 12:46:22

Interesting.

I've automatically never tried them - I didn't even know there were sardines in spring water - because Seniorboy doesn't like fish (apart from tuna in brine which he isn't allowed.) Might be worth considering because I like sardines so could give him a taste and then eat the rest if he wouldn't touch it.

weegiemum Fri 11-Mar-16 12:48:14

weegiecat ate about 10 olives that i dropped yesterday. doesn't seem any the worse for it!

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 12:48:45

I recall Oneago thieving and eating a (large) net bag of Baby Bels once, Hollinhurst. That was a fun afternoon.

LineyReborn Fri 11-Mar-16 12:50:14

My cats will lick the tomato sauce off the sardines rather than eat the sardines.

hollinhurst84 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:09:41

There's a few different suitable ones now, I got some steamed mackerel in a tin. Ollie thought I was attempting to poison him and gave me a very hmm "NO mumma" face

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:27:26

My childhood cats went mad for chicken livers, our cat backs away from them like its hemlock.

hollinhurst84 Fri 11-Mar-16 13:35:40

They're funny creatures. Ollie has two moods "are you stoopid, I'm a cat, NO momma" which goes with a big eyed face when I try to do something like ask him to eat fish
Or annoyed - he sneezes (preferably in your face) and stomps off when annoyed confused

FlowersAndShit Fri 11-Mar-16 15:26:49

holin Aww, look at that little face grin I've never given boycat cheese, but he did enjoy a few smoky bacon crisps I shared with him last night.

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 16:35:51

I have just put some sardines in water on my shopping list. We'll give them a whirl. smile

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 11-Mar-16 17:20:35

One of my cats goes completely mad for mushrooms, fuzzy little weirdo.

crazynanna Fri 11-Mar-16 17:31:45

Poppy doesn't like fish.

She likes sweet corn.

And melon.

And strawberry laces

weegiemum Fri 11-Mar-16 23:11:29

weegiecat likes cheese.

especially feta, or expensive camembert - doesn't like cheap stuff!

and olives, as previously noted!

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 23:50:58

Poppy is quite sane on the fish but the strawberry laces? Weird. grin

QuestionableMouse Fri 11-Mar-16 23:54:25

One of mine has just stolen dome shortbread from me. She also goes nuts for crisps.

MsWazowski Fri 11-Mar-16 23:56:24

My spoilt kitty will only eat Sainsburys posh ocean collection wet food, sardine or tuna. She's also quite partial to kale hmm

RedOnHerHedd Fri 11-Mar-16 23:59:01

Mine ate fresh salmon earlier (so bloody spoilt)
And just brought a glass of milk up to bed and he started drinking it out of my glass!

Pipbin Sat 12-Mar-16 00:00:26

BinCat had to have a op yesterday and we were advised to feed her white fish and rice.
Now I have been a vegi for 20 years and I've never cook or eaten fish that is anything more than fish fingers. So I asked the name lady at the Waitrose fish counter to help me. This is why I was up at 6.30 this morning cooking fish for the cat to turn her nose up at!

RubbishMantra Sun 13-Mar-16 05:20:50

MCat likes baked bean sauce. Only when I've been a sloven and it's gone a bit crusty. Actually, he likes any kind of sauce. The other day I came home to the remains of a ham and cheese sandwich. He'd dexterously flicked the top off the sarnie, and ignored everything except the mayo.

cozietoesie Sun 13-Mar-16 07:07:32

Pipbin

Most places sell fish portions in the frozen foods section - or did last time I was in the market for them. It might help to have a look there. Always handy to have a few in the freezer - if you have one - in case of illness.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 13-Mar-16 07:27:37

Ours won't eat white fish either, I get a "Wtf?" Look.

There's a reason we deep fry the stuff.

cozietoesie Sun 13-Mar-16 07:39:25

The only fish that Seniorboy would touch - if he was allowed it - is tuna in brine. Anything else, including prawns etc, is just roundly ignored.

sashh Sun 13-Mar-16 11:05:38

Mine likes cheese.

She also managed to get in the kitchen the day I'd made a cheese cake - I try not to think about the day after when the half she had eaten didn't agree with her.

PestilentialCat Sun 13-Mar-16 19:09:47

Mine like prawns but went all huffy about crayfish tails & wouldn't eat them - they're not that different, surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now