What we do for our pets!

(19 Posts)
RustyPaperclip Fri 11-Mar-16 00:32:28

I have 2 lovely rescue cats, one Siamese and one British shorthair. My Siamese boy is currently fast asleep between me and dh after lots of cuddling to encourage him to sleep. I suddenly realised this might seem a bit odd to non cat people, but I love them and I want to say a big hello to all those currently cuddling up to their lovely cats. smile

Meanwhile, little girl cat is racing around the flat and having a great time grinm

coffeeisnectar Fri 11-Mar-16 00:43:06

Our newest cat, a 4 year old "ginger ninja" is currently sprawled across the bottom of our bed.

Boy cat 1 is in his pod. Girl cat 1 is on the sofa. Girl cat 2 is on dds rocking chair cuddled up to a teddy bear.

I love all our cats but girl cat 1 is so sweet and taps me gently on the arm to ask for a cuddle. Although her new habit of jumping on my lap while on the loo is a bit disconcerting grin

coffeeisnectar Fri 11-Mar-16 00:48:47

Also defrost bloodworm daily for the Congo frogs and clown loaches. On top of that there is flake for the fish, fry liquid for the baby fish (guppies are breeding) and pellets for the bottom feeders. Two tanks and its a military operation feeding four cats and doing both tanks AND the pond fish.

FlyingRussianUnicorn Fri 11-Mar-16 00:51:03

DCat1 is currently curled up on my knee. Havent got the heart to move him despite the door is open and theres a horrible draft

spoilt little shit

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 09:01:51

Seniorboy has had breakfast and is now dozing happily in the crook of my knees. (On top of the electric blanket of course.) I'm not exactly saying he runs the household but..................grin

RustyPaperclip Fri 11-Mar-16 12:35:38

Wow coffee that is a lot of work, but I bet you wouldn't have it any other way smile

They certainly do run our household don't they grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 11-Mar-16 12:47:56

Sparklingcat currently sunbathing on the bench outside on her freshly laundered cat bed/blankets.

We often play the 'chair lift game'. She jumps out of the bathroom window and miaows pitifully on the garage roof looking very distressed and pretending to not be able to get down.
I have to get a patio chair, hold it be the legs above my head as high as I can so she can jump onto the seat and then I lower it down. hmm

Once, she had run into the house, up the stairs and had jumped back out of the window onto the roof before I had even put the chair away. hmm

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 12:52:49

It sounds as if she has your measure, Sparkling. grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 11-Mar-16 13:06:23

YY she was doing the feline equivalent of 'again, again!'

DH says she could get down herself quite easily. She deserves a moggy Oscar for the 'I can't get down' miaowing. Pitiful it is.

RustyPaperclip Fri 11-Mar-16 13:14:14

Ah bless Sparklingcat sounds lovely! They really do know how to wrap us around their little furry paws grin

Sparklingbrook Fri 11-Mar-16 13:17:54

Here she is

NeedToMoveHouse Fri 11-Mar-16 13:26:57

I make smoothies for my buns and g-pigs everyday. It started off as a necessity for one of our rescue buns as he had teeth and tummy problems, then the other buns got a taste of the good life and now they all expect it. They will gather in the same place for it around the same time every day so one of us has to be home for it. (This is on top of two veggie feeds and one hay, all at set times that they will sit and wait for then make us feel useless if we're late).

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 11-Mar-16 13:39:17

my first cat would get up on top of the wall units and then pretend he was stuck

he was too far up to be lifted without getting a chair, and actually even then there wasn't much clearance to get a hold of him, ....it'd end up in an unseemly tussle, like the absolute opposite of putting a cat into its carrier

ANyway, I'd have to stand on tiptoe and put my hands in the air by the units and he would then step down onto my hands and I'd sort of catch him as he walked down my arms

I also tell the cats where I am in the house if I hear them calling...so they can find me. Faerie is always very cross if she has to call more than twice.
Her brother Reuben calls repeatedly and then returns to where he started and begins all over again if anyone is out as if he thinks they will magically appear next time he calls. He's quite peeved atm as dh is away.

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 13:46:54

Yes - she could probably get herself down easy-peasy. (I once caught sight of The Lodger hunting seagulls along the ridgetiles of the (two-storey) house opposite. I left him to it. grin)

Still - she's so lovely that who could resist her? smile

RubbishMantra Fri 11-Mar-16 14:44:51

Ha, Little Monsieur does the gentle tap on the arm coffee. And his little feet are always so cold, (he's a Devon, so semi hairless). I wonder if I should knit him some baby booties. Or maybe a onesie? When he was a kitten, he was almost bald, with just a fine covering of peach fuzz. I got him a little jumper.

If he's cold at night, he stands on my face until I lift up the duvet, and he sleeps spooned into me, with his head on the pillow. MCat guards my feet.

Oh, and another thing - I bought him one of those sock type beds, a sort of cat sleeping bag. Instead he molests it, dragging it about the house whilst humping it, pulling out tufts of it's fleece as he goes. So much more hoovering for me. Ironic really, because one of the reasons I adopted a Devon is because they don't shed so much.

I'm in bed with flu, and have just covered him with the baby blanket. MCat has just wandered in, so he's now also snuggled under baby blanket. I sometimes worry I'm not a good enough mum to my boys. I do love seeing them snuggled up together. Proper bro's. smile

Cats really are the most delicious little imps. I couldn't be without my two.

coffeeisnectar Fri 11-Mar-16 15:51:33

mantra it's very sweet isn't it? Boy cat 1 just crashes over you and walks over laptops or whatever is in his way, a sort of moving demolition derby! I came down this morning and found the contents of the coffee table on the floor. God knows what he or they were doing!

If they didn't love us, they would leave. Cats are funny like that, they stay if they are happy, go and find someone else to live with if they aren't.

Katymac Fri 11-Mar-16 15:57:07

My Dad built a staircase for their Siamese as he couldn't quite reach the downstairs window after having his leg amputated!!

Mine tends to sleep up my jumper with his head stuffed down my sleeve < Rolls eyes>

& I never sit there cutting his claws or wiping sleep out of his eyes....Never!!

cozietoesie Fri 11-Mar-16 16:26:50

It's the way they seem to want you to feel privileged for doing their chores for them.

And you do! grin

RustyPaperclip Fri 11-Mar-16 16:52:18

Very true Cozie, very true. I have just spent a small fortune on a new cat scratching post after my Siamese destroyed the last one. It is so worth it though grin

(Although currently our little girl cat is attempting to sit on my iPad. I think that she is hinting for more YouTube videos for cats)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now