Talk

Advanced search

Working from home

(8 Posts)
Lolimax Fri 26-Feb-16 11:21:33

Today is the first time in months that I've worked from home. The first time since Murphy and Tetley have come to live with us. How please do I explain to 2 very lovely, very active, very naughty five month old kittens that mum sitting on the sofa with laptop and diary is NOT a plaything? I've so far had 2 emails deleted and a pen stolen. And yet the little shits just look lovingly at me and purr!

cozietoesie Fri 26-Feb-16 11:23:37

grin You can't. They think you're staying home for them!

TimeIhadaNameChange Fri 26-Feb-16 11:36:20

Your work at home is to be at their beck and call. Have you not learnt that yet? I fear your training is not yet complete!

I do sympathise. I planned on working from home most of the time but I soon realised my plan was futile and went back to working in the office!

Lolimax Fri 26-Feb-16 11:57:57

They've now joined the dogs and all 4 are asleep (after being blackmailed by chicken). So I've probably got about 3 hours of peace to work (and MN)

SquadGoals Fri 26-Feb-16 15:23:37

I work from home all the time and have learnt to schedule my hours around when they sleep grin

I have lost about 12 pens and somehow had the screen of my laptop rotated by BlackCat just this week.

ShutUpLegs Fri 26-Feb-16 15:29:30

BOykitten has just jumped up on the desk, sprinted across the ketboard (sending an email of gibberish in the process), bitten the pencil out of my hand and run off with it. He is currently killing it on the landing.

The knobber.

Girlkitten is just smarming, getting hair in the keyboard and sneezing all over the screen.

Also a knobber.

Home working is much more fun these days.

problembottom Fri 26-Feb-16 16:26:55

Ha! DP and I work from home every day with our cat. He loves plonking ourself on our laptop keyboards, chewing my expensive notebooks and miaowing loudly if we're on the phone.

Of course, when I have a rare evening in by myself and all I want to do is play and cuddle in front of the fire, he spends it sitting on top of the fridge.

Lolimax Fri 26-Feb-16 16:55:32

So it's not just me and my boys then? We have had a chat and I've told them I will be working from home again. I didn't mention I'll be bringing the mouse home next time but then they haven't seen a real one yet! I've only ever adopted waifs and strays and although these 2 monsters came from rescue they are incredibly healthy large normal boys...very new to me! And of course I'm smitten!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now