Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else with an early moulting season?

(5 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Fri 26-Feb-16 07:43:07

Since the weekend, BertCat's fur has been floating off her when she walks: it took 15 minutes of grooming last night to stop the brush from being full of fur.

Yet it's actually colder than it was the other side of New Year where I am at present!

cozietoesie Fri 26-Feb-16 08:53:34

The amount of daylight also acts as a trigger if I recall. We're colder here than we were a couple of months back but the sparrows are already making merry in the hedges. (Who'd be a female sparrow? sad)

Seniorboy's coat is much as usual but then he didn't even acquire a dark patch last time he had some shaved. (Spends most of his time inside the bed on the electric blanket.)

MrsBertMacklin Fri 26-Feb-16 19:28:07

Thanks Cozie, for the clarification and the image of sparrows shagging grin.

Just about to start another epic grooming session, followed by even more epic vaccuuming.

PolterGoose Fri 26-Feb-16 19:40:53

We don't have a moulting season, it's constant with PolterCat. This www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KDDJJ2E/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1456515564&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cat+brush+glove glove thing]] is a revelation though and gets loads out.

cupcakesandwine Fri 26-Feb-16 20:13:17

yup both the cats and the pug are shedding like gooduns. At this rate I'll be able to knit myself a scarf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now