I get it now

(15 Posts)
thehillshaveyes Wed 24-Feb-16 12:37:17

I adopted a 7 year old rescue cat on Valentine's day. I obviously liked her from day one and have been doing my best to make her feel at home etc but I was worried that I didn't feel the bond that so many people talk about with their cats and didn't know whether I ever would. It just felt like I had one extra mouth to feed and more mess to clean up (not that I minded).

I'm now completely in love with her and can't imagine not having her around. She curls up next to me in bed and gently puts her paw on me and does the sweetest little meow to let me know it's breakfast time. She sits on my lap and keeps me warm while I'm reading my book, and I even find it cute when she squeezes her whole face into my glass of water despite having a full bowl full in the nexr room. I completely understand now why so many people love cats.

There's no real point to my thread but I just wanted to share how happy I am to be her favourite human smile

Madratlady Wed 24-Feb-16 12:39:44

Aww that cat is lucky to have found such a good and willing member of staff!

thehillshaveyes Wed 24-Feb-16 12:40:00

Here she is

cozietoesie Wed 24-Feb-16 12:57:26

Lovely girl. smile

Northumberlandlass Wed 24-Feb-16 12:59:40

Aww Hill, that's lovely! She's beautiful.

Notmeagain1 Wed 24-Feb-16 15:22:59

Awwwww how sweet. Love her eyes, looks like she tried to put eye shadow on.grin

Welcome to the club!😻

BagelGoesWalking Wed 24-Feb-16 16:49:12

I'm so glad you love her now!

And it's brilliant that you adopted an older cat, I wish more people did, instead of getting kittens all the time. She sounds lovely smile Enjoy!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Wed 24-Feb-16 16:57:39

That's lovely to hear, it's what I hoped would happen to me but we got stuck at the being happy enough in each other's company and not minding the extra work stage.

chemenger Wed 24-Feb-16 16:58:02

She is particularly adorable looking. What a sweet face!

AdriftOnMemoryBliss Wed 24-Feb-16 17:11:18

i am of the opinion that the only reason people dislike cats is simply because they have never had one love them.

DH never had one and always said he couldn't stand cats, hated them, but 2yrs ago he gave into nearly 9yrs of nagging and allowed me to get one. She's grumpy, and i'm definitely her human, but he loves her, calls her his princess...etc

Then in october he suggested we get another and my Tuxedo boy was added from a local rescue.. DH is loving that he will go and snuggle with him sometimes.

He's a convert ;)

timtam23 Wed 24-Feb-16 21:29:20

She is beautiful and I'm so glad it has worked out so well for you and her smile

RoastChickenDinner Thu 25-Feb-16 11:43:59

My rescue cat is 7 too, and I am definitely her human. I love all the things you mentioned OP. Last night I woke up to find her wound in-between my knees in a bizarre fashion and was freezing for ages because I didn't want to move her. She has me well trained!

thehillshaveyes Thu 25-Feb-16 13:08:01

I've been considering adopting another one in a few months maybe but I'm not sure how she would feel about it. I'm going to be surrounded by cats in a few years time grin

cozietoesie Thu 25-Feb-16 13:33:24

You'll know her better by then. smile

Mouseinahole Thu 25-Feb-16 13:47:53

Beautiful pusskin xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now