Talk

Advanced search

Help please, limping and unsettled

(14 Posts)
LazySusan11 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:04:11

He came in a little while ago and I didn't notice if he was limping, I then heard a thud from upstairs where's he obviously jumped off the window sill or drawers.

He's come in to where I am and I've noticed he's limping, he's holding his front paw up slightly but it seems to be same side back paw. He's shaking slightly and can't get comfortable it seems, he's just gone to hide in a box.

Any clues? Will he be ok until I can call the vet at 8am?

cozietoesie Wed 17-Feb-16 21:07:31

Probably no use asking me because I have them to the vet if they look cross eyed at me. Seriously, It's the shaking that concerned me - was it pronounced?

LazySusan11 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:08:46

When I gently stroke his back leg I feel him shake slightly. Bloody hell I am going to be worried all night.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 17-Feb-16 22:01:21

Are his paws and claws scuffed?.

Sometimes mine does this when he's jumped off the 7ft wall awkwardly.

cozietoesie Wed 17-Feb-16 22:22:57

Lost the Internet for a bit. I'd be inclined to wait for a couple of hours to see how he does.

How is he now?

LazySusan11 Thu 18-Feb-16 07:15:23

I spoke to the vet last night who said to keep him in and keep an eye on him. He's very subdued and was sick this morning but has since eaten.

Will be taking him to the vets soon.

cozietoesie Thu 18-Feb-16 08:21:47

Best of luck. Let us know how he does.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 18-Feb-16 08:34:53

I hope he gets on ok at the vet

LazySusan11 Thu 18-Feb-16 22:16:30

He's seen the vet, seems he has an injured elbow, he's been given an injection and is currently snuggled up beside me. He's almost back to his normal self smile

cozietoesie Thu 18-Feb-16 22:34:46

smile

cozietoesie Fri 19-Feb-16 16:37:19

How is he doing?

LazySusan11 Fri 19-Feb-16 18:13:43

Hi Cozie, he spent all of last night curled up with me which isn't really like him, but I'm not complaining I enjoyed it grin

He's pretty much back to his usual self, no more limping and appears to be pain free. Thank goodness, who knew a little cat could cause such worry! Thank you for caring thanks

cozietoesie Fri 19-Feb-16 18:23:45

The injection (pain killer?) will have eased him probably - and pain is very tiring indeed. I'm not surprised he was sleepy against you.

Glad he's recovering. smile

WonderousStories Fri 19-Feb-16 18:35:27

I am glad he is getting better.

My mangy old pussy twitched when we touched her back and she sat hunched up - she is twenty so we are always aware of any changes.

Took her to the vets and she had hurt her back so vet gave her some painkiller injection and some Loxicom to have at home. We weaned her off that as soon as she was better as we know from experience it can fry their kidneys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now