One of my rescue jobs has made the national news

(19 Posts)
thecatneuterer Tue 09-Feb-16 11:38:01

Please indulge my wish to share. To be fair it didn't really involve much effort on my part - all I did was drive to collect the box - but still. I'm pleased we got national news coverage.

www.express.co.uk/news/nature/642414/Video-Kittens-paws-cut-off

If anyone feels like donating to their treatment we have a Just Giving page (warning: there are some upsetting photos at the bottom of that page - to avoid them just don't scroll right to the bottom):

campaign.justgiving.com/charity/celiahammond/lukeskywalker

SweetieDrops Tue 09-Feb-16 11:44:56

Poor kitties. The fuckers who did that should be tied by the legs to a train track before the express comes through angry.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 09-Feb-16 11:46:33

I saw the story and it made me cry. Those poor little cats, I can't believe anyone could be that evil. I've donated and I wish I could give more.

Thank you for all that you and everyone at CHAT does flowers

Vinorosso74 Tue 09-Feb-16 12:11:54

They are lovely kittens but what an upsetting story. Angers me what sick bastards there are that can do stuff like that. Well done to thecatneuterer and your colleagues for the hard work you do.
I will donate now and hope these boys recover well.

cozietoesie Tue 09-Feb-16 12:53:05

I saw recently a grey cat on a TV programme that had lost all of her front paws. She was destined to be an indoor cat and her new carers knew there were some things she'd need assistance on - but she'd healed and was happy. smile

Good luck to them and to CHAT.

thecatneuterer Tue 09-Feb-16 13:23:54

Thanks all. And yes Cozie I'm sure they'll manage to get around somehow. We just need to make sure they have as much mobility as possible and of course that they're not in pain.

We asked the Supervet if he could help. But they wanted over £12,000 just for one operation on the Luke's paws, and that wouldn't include all the physio or any help for Skywalker, so it looks as though we will have to manage without his skills.

cozietoesie Tue 09-Feb-16 14:12:28

Yes indeed. She'd healed completely although would have obvious future issues with eg washing her face, littering, jumping etc - but her carers were primed to look for solutions to those.

Bad news on the Supervet.

chemenger Tue 09-Feb-16 18:42:39

I despair of humanity when I see things like this. I honestly struggle to see what the point of people who could even think of doing this is. They are beneath contempt and beyond understanding. Have donated.

thecatneuterer Tue 09-Feb-16 18:50:16

Thanks for donating. To be fair we don't know for sure that the injuries were deliberate. It's just possible that they were the result of some bizarre accident. Still, if it were an accident then the owners should have taken them to a vet rather than leave them in a box in the park, so they're heartless shits either way.

hesterton Tue 09-Feb-16 18:54:05

Poor babies. Aren't they beautiful though?

What/who is the Supervet?

thecatneuterer Tue 09-Feb-16 19:03:59

You haven't seen The Supervet hesterton? www.thesupervet.com/

It's a very popular Channel 4 documentary. He really does some amazing stuff, but unfortunately at quite a price.

thecatneuterer Tue 09-Feb-16 19:06:01

Just about everyone at CHAT wanted to marry him. We've not quite so keen now though smile

hesterton Tue 09-Feb-16 19:09:29

Ah I see niw. Have looked him up. Can we all lobby him to do it for the publicity? Surely it would make great tv. Anyone got any Channel 4 connections? I don't tweet but maybe someone can find a way to ask him in twitter at least for a discount if some of the money can be raised?

thecatneuterer Tue 09-Feb-16 19:12:08

We have already asked. That was before all this publicity though. We certainly don't have any Channel 4 connections.

hesterton Tue 09-Feb-16 19:17:29

Maybe tweet the article to the company which makes Supervet for Channel 4?

hesterton Tue 09-Feb-16 19:18:55

They're called Blast Films. Does anyone use twitter here?

hesterton Tue 09-Feb-16 19:19:56

mobile.twitter.com/blastfilms?lang=en-gb

Greydog Tue 09-Feb-16 19:21:42

It has to be said that this year has been dreadful for animal cruelty. Abandoned animals, dogs free on Gumtree - in one case a lurcher was offered as "swap for sweets" - why are people like this?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 09-Feb-16 19:30:44

I don't know how you all do your jobs Tcn, dh would have his 12 bore out if he saw a cat in that state.

I will give at the end of the month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now