Why is my girl suddenly urinating by the back door?

(4 Posts)
MidnightVelvetthe4th Sat 30-Jan-16 16:35:02

My rescue girl is 6 and her health is fine. She's an indoor cat and has always used her litter tray, she still wees in it and all poos are in it. It's kept clean, solids scooped whenever they appear and a full clean and litter change once a week.
About 3 times in the past month she's urinated at night by the back door next to her food and water bowls. There is a catflap in the back door as the old owners put their tumble drier hose out of it but it has a cover and has not been opened since our girl came.

Why is she doing it? It's only occasionally, is it a territory thing or could a cat outside the door cause it? She's happy and currently on my lap smile

SunsetDream Sat 30-Jan-16 17:01:00

I wonder if she could be bothered by a cat outside. Is it possible for them to use the flap as well?

cozietoesie Sat 30-Jan-16 17:02:28

Have you seen eg any mean toms out there? There could well be one which is coming to your house, spraying or lingering outside the door and unsettling her.

MidnightVelvetthe4th Sat 30-Jan-16 17:12:33

The catflap can't be opened, it has a cover on it that slides into place so no cat could be coming in or out. Its possible there's one outside though...

If I bring her bowls in during the night, close the kitchen door & put them in another room would it help? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now