Talk

Advanced search

spot-on flea treatment

(16 Posts)
sonsmum Thu 28-Jan-16 20:15:07

Which one do you use that you consider works effectively?

We had been using 'eliminall' fipronil every 4 weeks, however at the recent annual check up, the vet found a couple of fleas on her and said they are immune to fipronil and suggested we use something else but i can't remember the name!

SunsetDream Thu 28-Jan-16 20:43:33

Advocate?

GingerNutRiskIt Thu 28-Jan-16 20:49:19

Spot on was shit, the only one that worked on mine was advocate.

Wolfiefan Thu 28-Jan-16 20:49:48

Advocate works here.

GingerNutRiskIt Thu 28-Jan-16 20:50:47

Sorry, by spot on, I mean the Bob Martin one.

LineyReborn Thu 28-Jan-16 20:52:47

Advocate doesn't work with mine. We are currently on Front Line with some results.

GingerNutRiskIt Thu 28-Jan-16 20:54:15

We tried everything and it wasn't til I went to the vet in sheer desperation that she said about the advocate, and I honestly thought it wouldn't be any better and that she just said it because she would be making money out of it, but honestly, we put it on, closed him in the bathroom overnight and there were dead fleas just dropping off him for the next few days. It was a lifesaver for me because I have really bad anxiety about fleas, and he hasn't had one since and it was well over a year ago.

Wolfiefan Thu 28-Jan-16 20:56:05

I would never buy flea treatment online or over the counter. Wouldn't touch Bob Martin. Sorry.
Advocate. Every month. Without fail. If house infested get spray from vet (can't recall name as never needed it.)

GingerNutRiskIt Thu 28-Jan-16 20:56:29

And I used the house spray that they had at the vets too because I'm completely neurotic about fleas and it made sure my house was flea-free along with killing almost ALL of my expensive collection of tropical fish.

GingerNutRiskIt Thu 28-Jan-16 20:57:32

No, Wolfie, I know now about Bob Martin stuff. At the time I didn't realise how toxic that shit is.

Wolfiefan Thu 28-Jan-16 21:01:22

Not a criticism at all Ginger. Sorry if it read like that. It's so hard to find clear, accurate and unbiased advice.
My two are six months old and we still haven't found the right food. shock

TheoriginalLEM Thu 28-Jan-16 21:03:04

Pleaes don't use bob martin its not good stuff.

Use advocate, its prescription onlly and you'll need to get it from your vets.

SevenOfNineTrue Thu 28-Jan-16 21:08:08

I'd only use what the vet recommend. Frontline stopped working years ago so I now use Advocate.

Bob Martin does nothing.

cozietoesie Thu 28-Jan-16 22:22:00

As far as I know, Frontline still works here but Seniorboy is pretty low risk so I can't be sure. I think the vet is shading anyway so it may be a move to Advocate next time. (I buy all his things from the vet.)

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 29-Jan-16 21:27:46

Broadline here.

cozietoesie Fri 29-Jan-16 21:50:19

I bought some of that to try (and loved the applicator) but I'll confess to some edginess about the total chemical load on his system given my lad's great age. I've reverted to two separate treatments. Maybe if I get a younger cat some day.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now