We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat's chronic cough

(2 Posts)
goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:11:24

Just wondered if anyone has experience of this. About 3 years ago we adopted a local stray. We have no idea how old she is but probably about 6 or 7.

She had a persistent cough, which we asked the vet about. Vet said it was likely from her not being immunised as a kitten so just one of those things. About a year ago it worsened so I took her back to the vet, did the whole bloodwork, lung x-ray, etc. All came back fine. Vet again said it's probably just something she'll always have, no apparent cause.

She's not been too bad but it's ramping up again - we've noticed this usually happens when the weather turns cold. I feel awful listening to her coughing and unable to help. Does anyone have experience of a chronic cough in cats and any tips on how to help / manage it? She has coughing fits about 2 or 3 times a day that last roughly a minute.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:01:13

I don't know but the vet sounds quite thorough.

I have a chronic cough, GP has no idea but I get the feeling it would suit them if I was an ex smoker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now