Talk

Advanced search

Cat's chronic cough

(2 Posts)
goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 26-Jan-16 15:11:24

Just wondered if anyone has experience of this. About 3 years ago we adopted a local stray. We have no idea how old she is but probably about 6 or 7.

She had a persistent cough, which we asked the vet about. Vet said it was likely from her not being immunised as a kitten so just one of those things. About a year ago it worsened so I took her back to the vet, did the whole bloodwork, lung x-ray, etc. All came back fine. Vet again said it's probably just something she'll always have, no apparent cause.

She's not been too bad but it's ramping up again - we've noticed this usually happens when the weather turns cold. I feel awful listening to her coughing and unable to help. Does anyone have experience of a chronic cough in cats and any tips on how to help / manage it? She has coughing fits about 2 or 3 times a day that last roughly a minute.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:01:13

I don't know but the vet sounds quite thorough.

I have a chronic cough, GP has no idea but I get the feeling it would suit them if I was an ex smoker.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: