Talk

Advanced search

Panicking as kitten has not come home, WWD

(12 Posts)
Princesspigeon Sat 23-Jan-16 18:25:01

7 month old kitten that has been going out on his own for a couple of months now has not come back. He is normally in and out a few times a day and is back by dark (I never let him out after dark). He doesn't usually go too far - just the neighbours gardens.

I last saw him around lunch time. He would have come back for food at least if there wasn't a problem (unless someone else has fed him as he is very friendly). I've tried ringing his dinner bell and shaking his treat bag but no sign.

What would you do?

gemsparkle84 Sat 23-Jan-16 18:26:49

He'll be fine. We started letting our kittens out after they'd been spayed. They've gone missing for 12 hours at a time before. He's prob got somewhere comfy or he's stalking something. I wouldn't worry. grin

Princesspigeon Sat 23-Jan-16 18:33:37

God I hope you're right. He is neutered.

I feel he's punishing me for shoeing him out of the lounge as he had muddy paws hmm

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 23-Jan-16 19:50:28

I'd send dh out with a torch looking for him. He often finds every cat but ours.

Luckily usually as dh disappears from sight the cat comes in. I suspect he cat waits for dh to go out on purpose because it's consistent behaviour.

twinkletoedelephant Sat 23-Jan-16 19:54:39

If it small black and uber friendly and your in Surrey he may be trying to convince me to let him in at mine (can't or twinkle cat may eat it)

Princesspigeon Sat 23-Jan-16 20:12:30

No, he's cream/ginger and not in Surrey otherwise you could have sent him home!

Still no sign. Best case scenario is that he's been let inside someone else's house or hiding because he's been chased.

Hope nothing horrible has happened to him, worried sick. DH not here so going out to search now sad

Vinorosso74 Sat 23-Jan-16 23:12:30

Any signs? It has been warmer today so maybe he's gone a bit further. Our older lady went off for a few hours today. Check neighbours haven't had sheds etc open where he could have sneaked in.

Princesspigeon Sat 23-Jan-16 23:29:53

I found him!!

I felt like a right idiot walking around the streets shouting him but he must have heard me and I could hear meowing from a garage in the next road up from us.

It took a while to locate the owner of the garage but he's back now smile

He seems quite pleased with himself, probably because I'm giving him tons of cuddles and Dreamies.

Follyfoot Sat 23-Jan-16 23:34:30

Aww thats good news. Dreamies - the crack cocaine of the cat world grin

Vinorosso74 Sat 23-Jan-16 23:38:45

Phew! Glad he's ok.

Princesspigeon Sun 24-Jan-16 00:16:16

Thanks, I'm so relieved!

My boy loves Dreamies but he is not as addicted as his sister is, she begs all days for them - I'm sure her addiction is the reason she doesn't venture very far from the house as she never wants to be too far away from her next fix! grin

cozietoesie Sun 24-Jan-16 06:51:49

Glad he's back. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now