Cat got out :(

(13 Posts)
CozyLinusBlanket Tue 19-Jan-16 16:58:30

It's frosty outside and getting dark, and I'm worried about her.

She's been my foster cat for a little over a week, and of course has been indoors.

Today there were some workmen doing something to the electricity supply in the street, and because I think I was the only neighbour to answer the door, a couple of them asked if they could use my loo.

I told them I had a cat who needed to stay in, so they could use the toilet by the back door, but leave the kitchen door closed. One of them stuck his head around the door asking to use the loo while I was on the phone, and by the time I got to the door, she was already outside/

I tried to be nonchalant but as soon as I took a step in her direction she ran to the bottom of the garden where there are bushes and ivy and I can't see her, but I expect she's still there.

She's afraid of the dark, and I'm worried that she hasn't come back yet.

RoastChickenDinner Tue 19-Jan-16 17:16:52

Oh no! Maybe shake a treat packet? She's a smuggler isn't she so hopefully she'll come back at bedtime.

RoastChickenDinner Tue 19-Jan-16 17:23:01

Snuggler not smuggler!

CozyLinusBlanket Tue 19-Jan-16 20:54:54

She's home! I cooked some cod fillets (blech) with the window open and started to hear her meowing when I took them out of the oven! We've just finished our dinner, she enjoyed it far more than I did!

GRW Tue 19-Jan-16 21:12:24

That's great news. You must be so relieved she found her way back.

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jan-16 21:19:18

smile Phew.

Does she get pillow rights this evening?

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jan-16 21:20:58

PS - remind me how old she is and whether she's neutered?

CozyLinusBlanket Tue 19-Jan-16 21:33:33

She's about seven, and neutered, so no worries there.

And she gets pillow rights every night, I've resigned myself to that now! She makes sure she makes bodily contact with both pillows. I just fit in where I can grin

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jan-16 21:37:49

Uh huh.

What's her name again? (I'm assuming you've given her one for the many years ahead. grin)

CozyLinusBlanket Tue 19-Jan-16 21:43:46

I'm not keeping her!!!

She has a floral name, but I'll say no more, just in case her future family (and she will have one!) recognize her from her pillow habit. I'm never sure whether talking about foster cats online is approved of by the powers that be!

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jan-16 21:51:38

Fair enough.wink I guess we'll hear a lot more about her in the years to come? smile

CozyLinusBlanket Tue 19-Jan-16 23:35:42

Lol! You'd better not be right, because I can't 100% guarantee I'll be able to feed myself over the coming months, but she is a sweetheart. I might ask my CP officer if I'm allowed to post pics, because I have some cute ones of her cuddling her pillow!

cozietoesie Tue 19-Jan-16 23:39:55

Best get her to a new owner as quickly as you can then. (Via glowing comments to the Welfare Officer.) If she's a real sweetheart, she deserves to be able to relax into a permanent home. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now