Talk

Advanced search

New cat owner and all I want to do is talk about her!

(66 Posts)
RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 18:58:10

So I'm going to indulge, and would love to hear about your cats too.

We got her as a rescue cat a couple of months ago and she is super affectionate and definitely my cat, although tolerates DCs pretty well ( not so keen on Dh).

We clicked on sight when we met her at the shelter, to the point where I felt terrible going home without her!

She is 7 and now sleeps on my bed and waits for me to finish dinner so she can snuggle on my knee.

One of the best decisions ever!

PolterGoose Fri 15-Jan-16 18:59:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 19:01:38

Here you are, precious puss girl

WildeWoman Fri 15-Jan-16 19:01:40

Awwwww - I'm stuck in the 'The litter tray' forum today for some reason. I don't even own a cat! I'm allergic to them. sad
They are such curious characters.

Tell us more OP.

And yes, a photo is obligatory.

PolterGoose Fri 15-Jan-16 19:06:33

Soapmaker34 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:12:47

cozietoesie Fri 15-Jan-16 19:20:07

She may love you in a way that passeth all understanding but that is what my Granny would have called an 'old-fashioned look'. I'm guessing she doesn't like having her picture taken much? smile

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:34:40

She's beautiful.

RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 19:42:08

Lol, Cozie, yes she does tend to pull a cross look, which is possibly why she wasn't snapped up at the shelter.

Cozie has heard this already on another thread Wilde, but despite the lady in the shelter saying 'oh I'm not sure she'll suit you, she's very quiet', when we met her she just wanted to give us kisses and snuggles, including DCs age 6 and 2.5. We reserved her straight away and went back to visit her the next day and the shelter lady said her behaviour totally changed after we had visited. Apparently she had previously been very quiet and just sat there, but after we'd been was up and about and at the door of her section looking for attention.

Leigh1980 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:43:49

Oh she's beautiful. Love her eyes. I have had cats all my life. I can't live without one. I have two furbabies. Timmy and Lulu who have travelled across the world with me. Love them so much it hurts sometimes. Lulu is 3 and Timmy will be 6 in Feb same day as my birthday 😄

RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 19:49:34

Beautiful Leigh, thank you for sharing. And thank you all.

We had cats when I was growing up (litter mates who lived until they wer 18) but this is the first pet I've had myself.g

RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 19:53:12

A bit less cross as asleep!

Nodney Fri 15-Jan-16 19:53:13

What a lovely cat, and a happy home for a rescue!

RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 19:55:28

Thank you Nodney.

GingerNutRiskIt Fri 15-Jan-16 19:57:32

Here's my baby. Once you get a cat you instantly become a cat person. I used to be a dog person til we got a cat, and now I just view dogs as smelly.

hollinhurst84 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:57:51

My rescue boy is having a "moment"

GingerNutRiskIt Fri 15-Jan-16 19:58:37

He was a rescue cat too, we got him as a kitten.

GingerNutRiskIt Fri 15-Jan-16 19:59:18

He looks scary there hollinhurst!

heymammy Fri 15-Jan-16 20:02:59

She is lovely roast no wonder you're all loved up wink
My house is currently cat-less after my two silver tabbies (twin sisters :-)) died last year at the grand old age of 20!

I'm coming around to the idea of either adopting an older cat or becoming a cat fostered.

Tbh the only reason I've put it off is because I'm enjoying not being covered in cat hair and not having claw pulls on every single pair of jeans!

WildeWoman Fri 15-Jan-16 20:07:50

I soooooooooooooooo want a cat! A bold cat. Loving all the cat pics.

WildeWoman Fri 15-Jan-16 20:08:51

hollinhurst - the pink bow does NOT disguise the fact that that is one bad-ass kitty.

Rollypoly100 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:10:10

She is a beauty. Our latest rescue has a cross face (and is sometimes a little grumpy) but we love her.

hollinhurst84 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:15:30

He's the biggest softie ever, honest!

RoastChickenDinner Fri 15-Jan-16 20:22:20

Lovely all, it's so nice to hear of all your lovelies.

Vinorosso74 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:28:16

I must be getting old it's a Friday night and I'm getting excited looking at cat photos while drinking a glass of red wine (hence the name) thinking "yay cat pictures!". They're all beautiful.
OP so pleased your cat has settled in well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now