Cat flap in a upvc door - cost

(6 Posts)
kylesmybaby Sun 10-Jan-16 02:39:20

Can anyone give me an idea of how much it will be to install a cat flap in my upvc front door? I have no idea. Thanks

cozietoesie Sun 10-Jan-16 23:36:01

I don't have any UPVC doors but I'm sure someone might be able to assist so keep an eye on the thread. Whereabouts do you live - and how handy are you? ( Thinking cost of workers - which might be higher in eg London as opposed to you doing it yourself. )

cozietoesie Sun 10-Jan-16 23:37:19

PS - will you be getting a microchip cat flap? (Or already have one somewhere.)

JennaRoss Sun 10-Jan-16 23:42:03

They are really easy to fit if you have a drill and jigsaw. That said I wasn't confident to do it so paid a handyman's going rate of £40 an hour and he was done in 40 mins.

abigamarone Mon 11-Jan-16 17:26:37

I second them being easy to fit as long as you've access to a drill. Doesn't even need to be that neat since the edges are covered by the fittings.

kylesmybaby Wed 13-Jan-16 10:00:49

Thank you all for your replies. Not a chance of me doing me myself. Im in West london and will look into it. Apparently my local glass shop does it but maybe not into upvc doors. I was thinking it would be loads more. Mr Sox the cat has a new little friends with the exact same markings as him called Little Mix. He's been neutered. They are inseparable. He steps aside for her to eat his food even when I know he's starving. It's love. So in the beginning I won't use the microchip but will buy one with that option. The door is up a set of stairs so we may be ok for strays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now