Talk

Advanced search

top recommendations for vacuum cleaners please

(7 Posts)
littlesthobo Sat 09-Jan-16 12:14:53

We have two shorthairs, who are very moulty at the moment. I have a VAX cylinder cleaner which doesn't seem to be cutting it - can anyone recommend a (possibly pet-specific) model for dealing with cat hair etc.? Maybe it's just a case of more elbow grease, but I'm hoping that technology might win out... Thanks in advance

Optimist1 Sat 09-Jan-16 12:32:28

I have a Dyson Animal (not the cordless one) which I'd rate very highly. There are some in the John Lewis clearance sale at the moment, but you may find better deals elsewhere. My cat quota is the same as yours.

JanetWeb2812 Sat 09-Jan-16 12:32:42

Miele Cat and Dog. We've had one for thirteen years and it does the business.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 09-Jan-16 13:03:55

Miele cat and dog here too. Regular grooming helps massively.

timtam23 Sat 09-Jan-16 15:17:54

I've had my Miele cylinder vacuum for nearly 20 years and it's brilliant, it's not the cat & dog model but I bought a "turbo brush" for it, which is great if the normal brush can't cope with the cat hair (but since my old longhaired girl died I have not needed to use the turbo). When it finally gives up I'll be getting another Miele.

DickDewy Sat 09-Jan-16 15:19:52

Miele - they are the best, no question.

6cats3gingerkittens Sun 10-Jan-16 00:26:20

Miele again. Brilliant at getting rid of fur and whiskers, lightish to carry and relatively quiet. Worth the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now