Weeing in bath tub

(11 Posts)
Equiem89 Sat 09-Jan-16 12:10:46

I just went to get in the shower and noticed there was wee in it. The OH has denied it was him and it definitely wasn't me so it must have been the cat.
She has a litter tray inside so it's not like she's been shut inside and didn't have anywhere to go.
Is she just being naughty? Or would there be a reason for it. It definitely wasn't there last night before I went to bed

cozietoesie Sat 09-Jan-16 12:34:52

Had her litter tray been used at all? (I'm assuming she just has the one?)

alibubbles Sat 09-Jan-16 13:14:00

MY mothers's cat pees in the kitchen sink, even when my mother is in the kitchen. She is only a year old, just naughty I think! Mine pee i the bath when it is raining and don't want to get wet!

LibidinousTurkey Sat 09-Jan-16 13:30:34

DCat does both in the bath if he cannot get outside. It incenses DH greatly but is infinitely easier to clean up than on carpet <bitter experience>

We would get him a litter tray but that would mean the lazy little git wouldn't set foot outdoors from September to April each year hmm

Equiem89 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:17:13

There were poos in the litter tray, couldn't see any wet because she has those wood pellets. OH has cleaned it out and put in fresh pellets. Will keep an eye on her and if she does it again will take her to the vets, read online it can mean UTIs

cozietoesie Sat 09-Jan-16 14:25:14

It's possible - but some cats really don't like using a tray for one function that has been used for another recently. My own boy is a case in point. It might be an idea to give her another tray because however diligent you are in cleaning, there are occasions when the two follow each other so quickly that you wouldn't have time to do it. (My own boy has two trays and uses both as the fancy takes him.)

I'd be looking on the bright side as well. The bath is easily cleanable - it could have been so much worse!

Equiem89 Sat 09-Jan-16 14:45:23

The door to the third bedroom is currently shut because she weed behind the sofa bed and it's got into the underlay and it stinks! The underlay needs to be replaced. So I would rather it's in the bath

6cats3gingerkittens Sun 10-Jan-16 00:33:21

My girl wees in the bath, right over the plughole. It sounds right thru the house and always make me laugh.
It started when she was very pregnant with her boys if that makes it more forgivable for the fastidious among you.

StillMedusa Sun 10-Jan-16 19:53:05

Portia pees in the bath over the plug hole most nights. She has a litter tray downstairs but I think she just figured out that that's the room where we pee, and the hole is just her size!

I just clean and rinse.. she's 16 so allowed to be a bit lazy!

MsMims Mon 11-Jan-16 21:16:28

As it's a new behaviour I'd take a sample down to the vet to be checked.

Some of my cats do this though, and they also use the bidet (!) as their personal toilet. Don't really mind - got to be the easiest place to clean up accidents from.

ThornyBird Mon 11-Jan-16 21:19:47

One of mine wees in the bath and another wees in the kitchen sink. Neither is ideal but both are better than dc3's bedroom floor which seems to be the other preferred spot angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now