kitten fell in the bath

(25 Posts)
ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 04-Jan-16 20:09:18

My tiny 4 month old kitten fell in the bath, it was deep and she was completely under for a moment. She let me dry her to a certain extent then groomed herself dry. She is currently sleeping under my chin ( her favourite spot) and she smells of the bubble bath I had in there. Will she be Ok? Bearing Iin mind she obviously had chemicals (bubble bath) on her fur while she was grooming herself?

cozietoesie Mon 04-Jan-16 20:11:04

I'd have thought so. You got the worst off her yourself.

That'll teach her.

Moln Mon 04-Jan-16 20:12:25

I think she probably will be - I had to wags my cat when he was a kitten (engine oil) and was advised to use fairy liquid.

Keep an eye on her tomorrow for being off food or lethargic behaviour.

Moln Mon 04-Jan-16 20:12:57

Wags = wash

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 04-Jan-16 20:12:58

I'm sure she'll be fine. She looks lovely 😺

Costacoffeeplease Mon 04-Jan-16 20:16:13

I would think so, most of my (15) cats have been in our pool at one time or another (we're not in the U.K.) and have all been fine afterwards, considering there's chlorine in the pool

Skippedthelightfandango Mon 04-Jan-16 20:18:21

historically wouldn't bubble bath have been tested on animals anyway? Sure she will be fine, mine used to drink bath water given half a chance!

TheCrazyDuchess Mon 04-Jan-16 20:18:56

Oh so so desperate for a cute little kitten!! She is gorgeous xxz

DramaAlpaca Mon 04-Jan-16 20:21:52

I'm sure she'll be fine, cats are resilient creatures. She's very cute, btw.

Our ginger boy fell into the garden pond when he was a kitten. Misjudged a jump and landed in the water instead of on the edge. Luckily I saw it happen but by the time I'd got there to fish him out he'd managed to swim to the side.

And I've also had to wash slurry off him in the bath when he came back from the farm next door covered in it from head to foot.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 04-Jan-16 20:23:56

Oops, she'll be fine but probably blame you and shit in your shoes.

cozietoesie Mon 04-Jan-16 20:23:55

He was lucky to get out of the slurry pit!

Micah Mon 04-Jan-16 20:24:29

She'll be fine. Mine gets in the bath fairly regularly.

I used to have one that went fishing in the pond down the road, would wade in to her stomach, then try and catch fish.

SecretNutellaFix Mon 04-Jan-16 20:25:06

She'll be fine- will blame you forever and a day for falling in though. smile

sElizabeth Mon 04-Jan-16 20:26:00

One of mine is obsessed with the bath. Will sit on the edge when I'm in there and dip her paws/tail in. Every now and then as the waters draining she'll jump in (on purpose) and play in the water. She's always fine afterwards.

DramaAlpaca Mon 04-Jan-16 20:26:12

It must've been spread on the ground cozie, he'd never have got out of a slurry pit <horrible thought>. Or maybe it wasn't slurry? Whatever it was, it absolutely stank!

cozietoesie Mon 04-Jan-16 20:28:16

Whichever way he goi it, he must have smelled horrible. You have great forbearance.

cozietoesie Mon 04-Jan-16 20:29:09

*got

DramaAlpaca Mon 04-Jan-16 20:30:56

grin Thankfully he's never done it since!

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 04-Jan-16 20:34:28

Oh good, never had a kitten before always had old grumpy unadventurous adult rescue cats who would rather poke their own eyes out than try to keep me company in the bath.

Lweji Mon 04-Jan-16 20:36:18

Yes, you should have rinsed her. Don't you rinse your cats? wink

cozietoesie Mon 04-Jan-16 20:40:48

You've been reading too many AIBU threads, Lwejii. wink

Oldraver Tue 05-Jan-16 00:49:40

Our kitten appears out of nowhere when you get in the bath, and he too tonight got on the edge of the bath (I think helped by DS).

I just looked at DS and said "you do know what would of happened if he had fallen in".

I think DS would of been scratched to bits

Pipestheghost Tue 05-Jan-16 00:51:58

One of mine likes to take a bath with me grin
Beautiful kitten btw smile

iloveeverykindofcat Tue 05-Jan-16 08:37:31

I agree she'll probably be fine. A friend of mine had a very slight but very muscular Abyssinian cat that used to swim in a river and haul out fish bigger than himself. I'm sure there was worse stuff than bubble bath in there.

ZebraOwl Tue 05-Jan-16 10:37:20

I'd guess at worse her skin might be a wee bit ugh appy (not in any drastic sense, I hasten to add but because feline skin = different PH from humans our toiletries aren't set up for them) though probably not to any degree you'd actually notice, particularly given dilution level & exposure time, but if she seems to be scratching more that'll be why; & maybe if she managed to lick a load of it off herself (beating in mind, again, how diluted it will have been, not like she was swigging from the bottle) you might get some interesting-looking contributions to her tray.

Hopefully other posters' tales (tails?) of their cats' misadventures will've reassured you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now