Talk

Advanced search

what to do with lost/found cat?

(5 Posts)
Frusso Sat 02-Jan-16 09:39:01

Had a cat turn up yesterday, I don't know who's it it (rural location) it's obviously someone's pet, but a wee scrap of a thing, (young but not a kitten).
There were fireworks nye so must have got disoriented.
I let it in yesterday because it was raining heavily, and it was meowing loudly outside constantly for about 3/4 hours before I realised i wasn't hearing things and opened the door to look, and i put it back out (about an hour later) when the rain stopped.
This morning it dashed in when dh went to work.
It's currently asleep on the sofa with the dcs. which unfaze it so obs is used to children

What do I do with it? Do I ring the local vet in the hope that it's microchipped? Do I keep putting it back out in the rain or keep it inside whilst I try and find who it belongs to?
Where can I look to see if it's being looked for?
It must belong to someone.

YouveCatToBeKittenMe Sat 02-Jan-16 09:44:58

Take it to the vet. They can scan it and if it is chipped they will contact the owners.
If not chipped it depends on the vet, most have contact with rescue centres who would take it or they may let you have it on the understanding that if the owners turn up within 7 days you'll need to give it back
Good on you for keeping it warm and dry though esp if it's small

Frusso Sat 02-Jan-16 10:25:40

Vets not open until Monday,

Knocked on neighbours doors, they're all dog owners and no one knows of any cats.

It's not one of the farms cats.

And it's not the cat of the only person that has the same colour cat.

Going to put a notice up in shop and village notice board in a bit.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 02-Jan-16 13:18:09

I'd keep it till Monday, if ours was lost I'd rather he was sheltered and fed than left out.

Have you got a cat box to take it to the vets?. They can escape a cardboard box.

Frusso Sat 02-Jan-16 14:07:50

No cat box fluffy, we have no pets. might be able to borrow one from somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now