Talk

Advanced search

The runny poops! (and booster q)

(6 Posts)
iloveeverykindofcat Fri 01-Jan-16 08:09:19

Happy New Year litter tray! Bit worried about Zara today. She's normally a very hardy, healthy cat, never really been ill in her 5 years of life. The past couple of days she's had diarrhea - not terribly, just once or twice a day, and in the tray. I wormed her yesterday, and started her on a probiotic last night - I think there's some improvement as no bm overnight, but is there anything else I should be doing before she goes to the vet tomorrow? (Her booster is due anyway so got to take her). Also, will they do the booster if she is not 100%?

cozietoesie Fri 01-Jan-16 08:19:07

My own vet likes their immune systems to be OK before boosters. (Or as near OK as it's going to be.) Why not give them a buzz before you go to find out?

How is she this morning?

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 01-Jan-16 08:39:49

She seems okay this morning, ate all her breakfast and just popped up for a fuss, but she did do some diarrhea last night. I will have to see how she goes today and good idea to ring beforehand - I have to get a taxi to the vet because I don't have a car at the moment :S.

cozietoesie Fri 01-Jan-16 23:11:35

How did she do today!

iloveeverykindofcat Sat 02-Jan-16 07:45:26

Back to normal poops! Thank you for asking x. She must have just needed a good worming. I was probably overreacting, but much as I love and adore Beebs, Zara is my feline soulmate.

cozietoesie Sat 02-Jan-16 08:17:46

Good. Maybe she got into some Xmas nosh which disagreed with her innards for some reason.

Best to keep to standard food for a bit so as not to challenge her insides with anything exotic.

Glad she's better. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now