Cardboard box cat toys/beds

(19 Posts)
Pipbin Thu 31-Dec-15 17:34:32

My baby girl loves to sit on a cardboard box so we usually have one in the front room for her. Her current one has broken and I'm thinking it might be nice to get her some of those modular cardboard cat play boxes.

Does anyone have any? Can anyone recommend any?

cozietoesie Thu 31-Dec-15 18:57:33

I would ask friends and family rather than go in for any expense. With the time of year, there will likely be loads of people with boxes around waiting for disposal. Enough to satisfy the most picky of cats, I would have thought. smile

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 31-Dec-15 19:06:40

Get a radiator cat bed. I got one in pets at home for £6 on Monday and have seen him since.

Pipbin Thu 31-Dec-15 19:09:35

I've just ordered a radiator bed. My cats when I was little used to love them. DH thinks she won't be fussed. He's not own a cat before.
I can get some boxes from work no problem. I just fancied something better.

cozietoesie Thu 31-Dec-15 19:13:37

'Better' ones might well be ignored on general principle. Get one from work and leave it lying in the corner of the room. That should do it. grin

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 31-Dec-15 19:14:29

*Havent seen him <wine>

Pipbin Thu 31-Dec-15 19:14:58

Thats true. Cats love to ignore lovely shiny things you have bought for them.

sashh Fri 01-Jan-16 07:23:13

I find the box used to deliver a case of wine is perfect for madam. I just have to keep ordering wine.

cozietoesie Fri 01-Jan-16 08:15:32

The things we have to do, eh? You know your duty, sashh.

sashh Fri 01-Jan-16 09:35:40

Yes cosie I do, it's a hard life.

ophiotaurus Fri 01-Jan-16 09:50:06

We got a fruit box from Costco (the free ones under the till when you pay) and put some vet bed in it. DCat thinks it's the best thing ever!

ophiotaurus Fri 01-Jan-16 09:50:55

sashh that's so good of you to keep buying that wine wink

Wolfiefan Fri 01-Jan-16 09:54:18

You need a box like this.
So one that looks totally unsuitable for a cat to play or sleep in!

Wolfiefan Fri 01-Jan-16 09:54:52

They have ignored the radiator bed BTW!!!fwink

Kcat78 Fri 01-Jan-16 10:07:18

My cats have one of these. It's robust and has lasted longer than a normal box. Has catnip in the bottom and a scratch pad type thing. Worth £8 I think

6cats3gingerkittens Fri 01-Jan-16 15:47:28

Where did you get it from, Kcat? It looks just the thing for my grumpy Binkie.

Kcat78 Fri 01-Jan-16 16:15:24

I got a very similar one from pets at home but I took this photo from Amazon. Just type in 'cardboard cat bed' grin

bloodyteenagers Fri 01-Jan-16 16:17:56

I have bought my cats an activity centre, a cardboard house, cat beds and a few other things.
One has pissed on the activity centre, and aside from that, has shown no interest. the other took a crap in the house, and like the centre nothing since.

Should have just saved cash as they are playing with cardboard boxes, nerf box, and the kinder yellow things, and a shoe. Oh and a suitcase and a carrier bag. I keep taking the bag away, and the sneaky little things creep in the cupboard when it's open and nick another one.

Oldraver Fri 01-Jan-16 23:39:38

Our cat has a Radler box and a Doombar box...dead classy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now