Talk

Advanced search

missing kitty

(6 Posts)
tillyann2013 Tue 29-Dec-15 21:35:15

So sad, we had a rescue cat in September and have kept him in so far. He hadn't made any attempt to get out at all but he's escaped through the kitchen window Boxing Day morning sad
We've been searching all around but because we didn't discover he was gone till early evening he could be anywhere. We've called the rescue place, the local vets, checked with neighbours etc etc. Any other ideas? My children are so upset.

timtam23 Tue 29-Dec-15 23:06:38

Is he neutered and microchipped tillyann? If he's chipped you can register him with the chip company as missing, so if anyone finds him & has him scanned it'll be flagged up. Also if you have a postman or a milkman you could ask them to keep an eye out. Local facebook pages/Ywitter can be useful too. Putting something outside like his blanket, the contents of the hoover bag or some used cat litter is supposed to give them the scent of home to follow. And go out at night with some food, it's easier to hear him when it's dark & quiet, and if you take a torch his eyes might shine back at you in the dark. Have you put up any posters or put leaflets through doors? Make sure neighbours know to check garages/sheds in case he's shut in somewhere.

I hope you find him, mine went missing for a few days last year and it was so upsetting. He turned up again out of the blue, fortunately.

thecatneuterer Wed 30-Dec-15 09:24:46

Tilly try not to worry. He will almost certainly be back. He's been with you for such a long time now he knows that it's his home. He will have just gone for a bit of an explore and he will be back.

Just make sure you leave food outside your house for the next few days.

tillyann2013 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:44:52

Still no sign of him, he's chipped and neutered. I've done all the suggestions and still nothing. Just hate to think of him outside in this awful weather and blinking fireworks!

thecatneuterer Fri 01-Jan-16 18:14:42

Oh no. I'm really surprised he's still not back. I think you will have to redo the posters/leaflets - or do them a bit further afield. They are the things that seem to get best results.

Frusso Fri 01-Jan-16 21:00:19

What area?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now